Should I gain more weight before having a Buttocks/Hip Augmentation? (photos)

Hello, I am currently 20 years old, 5'1.5", measurements of 42-30-41, and 150lb. I'm interested in getting 1000cc in each cheek and 200cc in each hip. However, I'm wondering if I should gain more weight before the procedure. How much theoretically, should I expect to spend? Also, I am located in Rhode Island, so I know when I get the procedure done I will need to travel. Is there any way to prepare for the ride back after having surgery?

Thank you for your question .

You have a perfect body for a Brazilian Butt Lift, you will not need to loose any weight or gain it to get the results you are looking for. The maximum you can prepare your flight back is having to sit in a boppy pillow. 

The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

51 SW 42nd Ave
Miami, FL 33134

Based on your photos it looks like there is no need for you to gain weight in order to achieve great results from a BBL. Traveling is always tricky after a procedure like this so I recommend staying put as long as you can before travel.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

5410 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85253

Weight Gain Not Recommended

Thank you for your pictures.  I do not recommend gaining weight for this procedure.  I would advise you to focus less on the absolute amounts to specific areas and focus on the desired "look" you are trying to achieve.  That is how outcomes are judged not by amounts.  Travel may be tricky but a vehicle that you can rest on your belly would be the vehicle of choice.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS, FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS, FACS

2220 Wisteria Drive
Snellville, GA 30078

You're an excellent candidate for BBL just the way you are right now!

Thanks for your question. 

First of all, there is no need to gain more weight. By looking at your pictures you are an excellent candidate to harvest the right amount of fat and injected in your buttocks and hips, and at the same time enhance your body contour. 

The price is a variable that is not necessarily related to quality. You may find expensive surgeons that don't usually perform these surgeries, as well as others that do it every day with excellent results and you'll be surprised to see how much lower the cost is. Your north here should be Quality and Excellent outcomes with other patients. BBL in my practice is never above $5,000...

There is no special care after the surgery other than staying away from the sun (because bruises can pigment the skin permanently) and not doing intensive exercises the first 3-4 weeks after the surgery. I usually use absorbable suture, so there is no need to remove any stitches. 

Hope this helps you on your journey. 

Take good care of yourself, 

Dr. Fernandez Goico

Luis A. Fernandez Goico, MD

Calle Socrates Nolasco 4

BBL and weight

You look like a good candidate based solely upon your photos. If you have it done in NYC, I would suggest staying in town until your sutures come out.( about a week).

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Should I gain more weight before having a Buttocks/Hip Augmentation?

You do not need to gain weight.  A reasonable price for a BBL for a great result is around $9000 and up.

Try to research this to find the surgeon who consistently produces the results you would expect. Look at reviews on this site and see who gets the surgery right every time.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210