Rhinoplasty+nasal Exercise, but Nose Still Crooked and Getting Bigger?

I got nose surgery 14days ago.He broke it to put it back in place, reduced the top bump and made the tip a bit higher.Once he removed the cast,i liked my nose but it was clearly still crooked.He told me to push with my finger towards the opposite side with a lot of pressure,10 times/day and hold it for 1min for a month.Since ive been doing this exercise i noticed the bump of my nose getting bigger and my nose isn't getting straight.Is the exercise causing this or is my nose just swollen?

Rhinoplasty and Crooked Nose

+1

Without pictures or an exam, this is hard to evaluate.  A crooked nose will likely never be perfectly straight particularly the cartilaginous portion.   However, I do not recommend exercises after rhinoplasty. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Outcome of rhinoplasty

+1

Hi

It can at times be very difficult to perfectly straighten a nose and every nose behaves in a different way.

I am not sure if exercise really helps, I would also be wary of pushing the nose 14 days after surgery. However your surgeon may have had good result from this 'exercise' with other patients, so best is to talk to him about your concerns.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and pressure

+1

It sounds like your bones did not move in as much as your surgeon wanted. At this point I am not sure what your are doing will help. Best to follow closely with your surgeon.