Rhinoplasty - Bump on Nose After Procedure

I had rhinoplasty about 10 months ago and as the swelling has been going down, I have noticed that I have a bump on the upper part of the right side of my nose. This was NOT there prior to surgery. The last time I was at my Dr. for a follow up visit he said that my nose is healing fine, but maybe he could go back in and file it down?! he has basically acknowledged there is a bump present, but its getting more noticeable. I CANNOT take time off to do this again. What kind of recourse do I have?

Bump after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is normal for the bump to be more obvious after swelling resolves. You have received excellent advice. Recovery should be very limited after filing the bump. I encourage you to have the minor revision.

Post rhonoplasty bump.

+1

The chice is yours. As the surgeon is willing to fix the problem you either take the time off  to get it fixed or learn to live with it. good luck.

Zain Kadri, MD

Bump after rhinoplasty.

+1

He can file this down under local anesthesia and you can take the weekend to have the bruising go away.