Am I a good candidate for Rhinoplasty? What parts of my nose would need alteration? (photo)

What parts of my nose need alternation?

Rhinoplasty candidate

+1
Changes to your nose should be made according to what your desires are. You should communicate with your surgeon about what your goals are, and he should be able give you some input on whether what you want is aesthetically acceptable, and whether its possible to deliver it with surgery.
From your photo, in my opinion you need finesse rhinoplasty. Minor refinement to the bridge and slight elevation of the tip.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate

+1
The rhinoplasty procedure is  a very personal decision so it's important that you have clear expectations and goals  about the specific changes you are make with your nose. 
It is difficult to give an opinion based on only one photograph, since the nose is a three-dimensional structure. Shaving down the dorsal hump, osteotomies to narrow the nasal bones and lifting the tip slightly would be some ideas to start with. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on the link below along with our photo gallery to get an idea what can be accomplished with the procedure

Am I a good candidate for Rhinoplasty?

+1
    This really depends upon the goals you have for your nose.  Dorsal refinement would be a possibility, perhaps with tip elevation.  More views of your nose or an exam would help better delineate the appropriate measures to be taken.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Rhinoplasty

+1
Rbyh, Best to have this evaluated in person. Seek the opinion of several facial plastic specialists. Look at their web site before you visit and make sure you like their photos. Over 10 years of experience is a big plus. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for Rhinoplasty? (photo)

+1
Thank you for your question. Rhinoplasty consultations should be done in person. A thorough exam is required as well as a lengthy conversation regarding your goals as well as your convalescence. I recommend that you make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your surgical options.

Wesley T. Myers, MD
Conroe Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty?

+1
That is a very personal decision. Best to seek ONLY IN PERSON evaluations from rhinoplasty surgeon in your city/state./// 

San antonio rhinoplasty

+1
Yes -  you are a good candidate
these are the parts
1) size - every so slightly larger for your otherwise very attractive and delicate face (nice brows, eyes, cheeks, lips, chin, and skin), would like to see and overall "5-7%" decrease in size (this is not a hard in fast number/I just use this as a rough guideline when thinking about how to balance a nose with a face).
2) dorsal convexity - you don't have true hump, but from the nasion/radix (take-off) to the tip the "bridge" of your nose bows outward slightly.  I would like to make that a straight line with a very slight supratip break and the tip being ever so slightly raised above that flat line (just barely)
3) you have some infra tip fullness that creates a the appearance of a drooping tip, and you may in fact have a slightly under-rotated nasal tip (hard to tell with just this one photo) - eitherway addressing one or the other will make your nose look just slightly shorter and will make the tip and columella have the appropriate relationship to the lip
4) your lower lateral cartilages look large, medially rotated, and convex outward.  I am willing to be based on the side appearance that if we had a front view photo your tip and supratip region would be wider than you care for. - this can be addressed to make your tip a little more delicate and balanced without making it too narrow

i see you are in san antonio
i am in austin, just about 1 hour away
i treat lot of patients from san antonio and south to the valley
your nose reminds me a little of one i have on my profile - check it out, i think you will be encouraged by what you see is possible

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD
San Angelo Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for Rhinoplasty?

+1
The answer would depend on what areas of your nose cosmetically concern you, if any.

Keep in mind, that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the proposed operative procedure with you and your parents may not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Conservative natural rhinoplasty.

+1
Conservative natural rhinoplasty will give you a more attractive nose if you choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Choose wisely so u do not end up with an overdone nose. 

Nose needing rhinoplasty!.answers

+1
It seems that with this picyure..A consult us more appropriate!..we need to assess you r breathing, desires, past trauma, surgeries..etc..
Rhinoplasty e's are the most technically challenging operations!..Give us a call!

18885jeneby

Thomas T. Jeneby, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon