Rhinoplasty 11 Months Post Op - Nose is Now Asymmetric and Lumpy on One Side? (photo)

I am very dissatisfied with the results of my surgery. The surgeon does concede that there is a problem but he isn't very helpful. I cannot live with this result for the rest of my life. What shall I do?

Rhinoplasty Results

+1

I would highly recommend seeing another facial plastic surgeon if your current one is not very helpful. Research several different surgeons and look at their before and after photos of rhinoplasties. Then you can schedule consultations with a few of them and get their opinions for a revision rhinoplasty. You always want to make sure your surgeon is board-certified and specializes in the procedure you are looking for, in this case, rhinoplasties.

+1

Go obtain in person second opinions from boarded rhinoplasty surgeons in your area/city. Good Luck.//

Unhappy with your Rhinoplasty results, 11 months Post Op

+1

If your surgeon is unwilling or unable to help you further you should reach out to another surgeon who has significant experience performing revisions.  You will want to see example of his revision work and clearly understand what the surgeon plans to do.
Your other option, albeit a temporary one, is to have an experienced surgeon use injectable fillers to augment the surgical work. Fillers can last over 1 year.

#Rhinoplasty revision

+1

If at 11 months you are still not happy with your rhinoplasty results, you may require or be a candidate for a revision. It is best to be seen in person to determine this. Good luck.

Revision rhinoplasty surgery

+1

Dear Rosina,

1. Since you are past 6 months out from your rhinoplasty, you are eligible to have a revision
  2. If you do not feel comfortable with your surgeon, or he is not answering your questions, seeking out a second opinion would be beneficial to you
  3. We see your problem commonly and it can be fixed with the right physician

Best regards,
Nima Shemirani

Web reference: http://www.eosplasticsurgery.com/gallery/23/1/gallery-revision-rhinoplasty.htm

Rhinoplasty 11 Months Post Op - Nose is Now Asymmetric and Lumpy on One Side?

+1

I think seeking a revision is a reasonable thing to pursue at this point.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Lumpiness in nose after rhinoplasty #rhinoplasty #revision rhinoplasty

+1

I am sorry you are not happy with your result. If your surgeon does not offer any solution to your issues, I recommend you seek a consultation with a surgeon who performs revision rhinoplasty. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.drbustillo.com

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric/lumpy nose after surgery

+1

Dear Rosina271-

I am sorry you have had this experience after rhinoplasty.  Even in the best of hands, sometimes results are not what are expected by patient or surgeon.  In any event, at this point you've communicated to your doctor, which is important.  The next step would be to see a revision rhinoplasty specialist for a thorough exam and discussion of what/if any revision surgery is possible.  You are almost one year from surgery, so the timing is about right for that evaluation.

Best of luck to you,

Dr. Most

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.