Rhinoplasty for Shorter Nose Tip

Hi, do you think it would be possible to make my nose tip shorter as well as removing the bump on my nose to create an overall smaller nose? Would that be cosidered as a big surgery? Thanks

Closed rhinoplasty can very effectively address your nasal tip and dorsal hump

+2

closed rhinoplasty by an experienced board certified plastic surgeon can refine your nose by reducing your tip, and nasal hump.

Rhinoplasty for a shorter nose tip

+1

Removing the bump on the nose will decrease the projection of the bridge. Once that is performed, osteotomies may need to be performed to narrow the sidewalls. Shortening the tip can be done if needed. This can all be done through an endonasal technique with closed rhinoplasty. This is still performed under general anesthesia and is still considered a rhinoplasty.  

Rhinoplasty to Reduce Bump and to Shorten Nose

+1
Hi Nabe, In my opinion, you have a great nose to begin with and should only have minimal modification as desired. The tip angle and contour is appropriate. The bump may be smoothed down and the tip of the nose brought a little closer to the face. Rhinoplasty is not necessarily "big" surgery, depending on the specific procedure performed. Speak with a rhinoplasty surgeon to perform a comprehensive evaluation and help determine if rhinoplasty is appropriate for you. Best of luck. Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Looks Reasonable

+1
I believe that you can tell that the consensus is rhinoplasty can improve the shape/contour of your nose.  Just have a couple of consultations with plastic surgeons experienced in rhinoplasty. Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Improvement with a rhinoplasty

+1

There are several features of your nose that could be improved upon if desired.  You have a slightly over projection of your nose with a dorsal hump.  These features can be corrected with a rhinoplasty.  This would involve the reshaping of your nasal tip, decreasing the length of your nose and reducing your nasal hump.  All of these are features of a standard rhinoplasty.  

Removing Hump and Making the nose shorter

+1

Hi,

The surgery you are asking about is a full rhinoplasty. Usually it takes anywhere from 1 to 2 hours. If you reduce your hump and deproject your tip, you will probably get the results you are looking for.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Reduction Rhinoplasty creates a smaller nose

+1

What you are describing is a very common reason for undergoing rhinoplasty. The dorsal hump (bump on the bridge of your nose) can be taken down and made smooth with rhinoplasty. The question about your nasal tip which is "overprojected" or too far away from the plane of your face can be "deprojected" to create a more feminine and balanced nose and nasal profile. You should expect excellent results from rhinoplasty!

Jon E. Mendelsohn, MD
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is nose job a "big" surgery?

+1

In terms of a "big" surgery, it essentially involves a relatively straightforward set of maneuvers that are not particulary invasive. However, that does not mean that there are not major risks. The goals you seek should be achievable.  

Rhinoplasty for a "shorter" nose.

+1

Your nose appears to be too long from your forehead to the tip and also the tip "sticks out" too far. Both of these can be corrected with a rhinoplasty. Choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best results.

A "long" tip of the nose may be actually too much projection

+1

We have very precise terms to refer to each part of the nose as well as any abnormalities that may occur. In a patient inquiry, she asked about a "long tip of the nose." To be specific, and I hope not too picky, in the enclosed photo, the tip of he nose has a very nice angle and does not hang down at all. The tip of this nose sticks out a little too far from the face and has what we call too much "projection." Reducing nasal tip projection along with nasal hump removal is one of the more common requests I get from patients seeking rhinoplasty.

As for being a "big surgery", you have one nose and should have it done right the first time. You should seek out a specialist in rhinoplasty for the best results.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD