How Do I Go About Getting a Rhinoplasty?

well when i was very young i fell off a couch the middle of my nose hit the cornr of a glass table i now am 24 with a raised area /bump , it even hurts if the bone gets hit, the ent said my nose isnt deviated, anyways where do i gp to find out how much and what csn be done. i obv cant afford it bow bit if i have an exaxt amt or ballpark fig i can start saving to have it done in 3 yrs , but willa docdo a consultation if i cant make an appt for years to come?

+1

Dear dm,

This site provides most of those resources.  It can give you a price range of rhinoplasty in your area, as well as give you before and after photos from surgeons.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

You need a consultation

+1

You should have a consultation with someone who specializes in reconstructive and cosmetic nasal surgery.  Check out some websites for physicians in your area.  You want someone who lives and dreams rhinoplasty.  It is a very specialized skill, especially when there is trauma involved.  I have given you a link below.  

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Preparing for Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

Before going ahead with rhinoplasty surgery, you will want to arrange a few consultations with highly qualified surgeons.  Even though you say you can't afford a procedure just yet, having at least one consultation now is an excellent idea.  You will get input that will help you prepare in a variety of ways--psychologically, financially and health-wise.  In my view, having extra time to learn about the procedure you're interested in and think things through can only benefit you in the long run.

You will likely find out that there are financing options available that may afford you the opportunity to have rhinoplasty sooner.  Just as you ensure you know as much as possible about your prospective surgeons (make sure they are rhinoplasty specialists), look carefully into the details of any financing option you consider.   

Elliot Jacobs, M.D.

Elliot W. Jacobs, MD

Rhinoplasty consultation

+1

It is probably a good idea to get 2 or 3 consultations to get an idea of what you may need regarding your your nose. There is never any obligation to undergo the surgery, but is just a good educational process to have an examination, consultation, and computer imaging  to be able to make a good informed decision for yourself.  Please see the link below for examples of  rhinoplasty in our practice

Rhinoplasty evaluation

+1

You can certainly go for a consultation for rhinoplasty if you are interested.  Good luck with choosing the right doctor for you.

+1

Your predicament is very common. You can schedule a consultation with no obligation to schedule surgery. As you mentioned, knowing what's involved in the procedure, what results you can expect and overall cost will provide you with all of the information you need to move forward. You can actually check Realself to find Facial Plastic Surgeons and Plastic Surgeons that perform rhinoplasty in your region. I hope this information is helpful. 

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon