How long until all swelling goes down and my tip feels normal?

I had rhinoplasty done five weeks ago to correct deviated septum and add a tip to my nose. 

+1

In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. The final result may not be evident for 18-24 months following surgery. After 5 weeks, you are still going to have swelling. It will improve gradually, and your tip should feel better over time. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Swelling After Rhinoplasty

+1

Most patients can see the results at 8 days once the splint and tape gets removed.  However, it takes another 4 to 6 weeks before around 80% of the swelling resolves.  You need to be patient, avoid overexposure to the sun, and take your surgeon's advice to help accelerate healing.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

Most people can expect some swelling and altered sensation for 6-12 months after a rhinoplasty.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

How Long for Swelling to Resolve after Rhinoplasty?

+1

It can take a year for all swelling to resolve after a  rhinoplasty  , especially when  the surgery involves changes to the tip.

Post operative rhinoplasty swelling

+1

Dear Shar18, It takes approximately one year to completely heal from rhinoplasty surgery. The majority of the swelling from your rhinoplasty dissipates in the first few months approximately 70% of it. The final seven months allows for the last 30% of swelling to fully dissipate. The tip of the nose is typically last and depending on your skin type will vary. With that said most patients see an exceptional result after splint removal and in the first few weeks of recovery. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

How long does swelling last after rhinoplasty?

+1

Swelling after rhinoplasty does not go away completely for at least one year and often longer. The last part to lose swelling is the tip because that is the most "downhill" part of the nose. Even though it may be frustrating to wait that long, I try to reassure my patients that continual improvement with time is the rule. Hang in there!

Diana L. Elias MD

Diana L. Elias, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after rhinoplasty

+1

The recovery after rhinoplasty can takes several months and sometimes a year or more to see the final results.  The tip is normally the part of the nose that takes the longest for the swelling to resolve and the sensation to return.  Since your surgery was only five weeks ago, it definitely will take more time for both of your issues to improve.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon