Tip Pigmentation 3 Years After Rhinoplasty?

Hello about three years ago I had a rhinoplasty done to remove a bump on my nose and to correct a breathing issue. All went well and I was happy with the results. I went away for 3 weeks on holiday a month after I had just stopped a course of accutane. I was pretty much getting a few hours of sun a day. When I saw a few photos from my holiday from different cameras the tip of my nose looked as if the skin was twisting and white pigmented bumps... please advise

Nasal Tip Pigmentation 3 Years after Rhinoplasty

+1

Consult with your rhinoplasty surgeon. If there aren't any structural abnormalities, see a physician experienced in the treatment of skin pigment problems.

Nasal Tip Changes Following Sun Exposure

+1

Unfortunately, it is quite difficult to explain your situation based on the description provided. It would be best to consult with your rhinoplasty surgeon first. If they do are not able to provide a real cogent explanation, you may benefit from seeing a dermatologist who can provide a different perspective. Good luck.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip pigmentation after rhinoplasty.

+1

You need to see a dermatologist if the only problem is the pigmentation and the rest of the nose os good. This may be related to the accutane since I have never seen this in 35 years of rhinoplasty.

Nasal Tip Pigmentation 3 Years After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Best to see your rhinoplasty surgeon for examination.  It is difficult to answer your question without photos. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD