Still Have Breathing Problems 2 Months Post Septorhino?

I still have problems breathing 2 months post rhinoplasty and septoplasy, operation broke nose in 6 spots, as well as the cheek bone, to repair. splints stayed in two weeks, there are good days and bad days, Should I still be messaging inside of nose, last two weeks really starting to feel scares......

Nasal airway problems after rhinoplasty

+1

It is not uncommon to have swelling within the internal lining of the nose following rhinoplasty. This is particularly true for more extensive  operation. I would consider trying a nasal steroid spray if your breathing is really bad. This may help speed up the resolution of the swelling. Ask your surgeon.

Still Have Breathing Problems 2 Months Post Septorhino

+1

There is normal cyclic swelling plus post op swelling that is occurring causing these problems. It will take more time to have a clear account of how much your breathing has improved.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Breathing Ability Should be Improved After Rhinoplasty

+1

While you still might not breathe as effortlessly as you might like, you should have noticed at least some improvement. After rhinoplasty, the final airway result is achieved when the swelling and mucosal irritation have subsided. This is typically around the 6-8 week mark. If you are 2 months out from your surgery, it is likely you have nearly achieved the final result and the way are breathing today is the way you'll breathe indefinitely.  Follow up with your surgeon and discuss these issues with him.  I typically perform nasal endoscopy on all my rhinoplasty patients to assess the degree of healing and to make sure there are no unexpected problems in the healing process.  This would be a good place to start in diagnosing why your airway hasn't improved as much as hoped.  Thanks for the question!  -Dr. Capone

Randolph Capone, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Congestion after Rhinoplasty

+1

Nasal congestion, especially congestion which is episodic, is common this early after nasal surgery.  You probably have swelling inside of the nose in conjunction with normal cyclic congestion, that is causing you difficulty.  I would suggest patience, and allow time for the swelling to resolve.  You should see improvement by 6 months post op.   

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Septorhino breathing takes time to improve

+1
usually after any septoplasty, the nose lining will have cyclical swelling. thus means that it will seem congested and then open alternating about every day or two. this can last up to six months. so the first step is to give it time. second, it also depends on what is causing your breathing problems. sometimes you t is more than just your septum. so if the breathing does not improve you may consider a rhinomamometry test.

Bivik Rajnikant Shah, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breathing after septorhinoplasty

+1

At two months after septorhinoplasty, you may still have swelling internally that is causing some breathing issues. More than likely you need to give it more time.

2 Months after Septorhinoplasty and Breathing Problems

+1

Breathing problems 2 months after septorhinoplasty, particularly if you are having episodic improvement, may resolve with time.  I would give yourself at least 6 months before contemplating additional surgery.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breathing problems after septorhinoplasty

+1

It all depends on what was done in surgery and how bad things were before surgery.  Some residual difficulties are not uncommon after septorhinoplasty but they usually show signs of resolution at this point and then totally resolve by 3-6 months after surgery.  So I would discuss with your surgeon and be patient for now.

Jay Calvert, MD