Rhinoplasty? Just Turned 18, Nose Sticks Out?

Hi, I recently turned 18 and I am seriously considering getting rhinoplasty. I've always liked my bone structure but my nose has always, quite literally, stuck out. I've always hated it. For 5 years I've waited, hoping I would change my mind or start to get used to it. But I didn't. How can I get more comfortable with the idea of getting this procedure done? Is the environment of a plastic surgery office welcoming and friendly? Thank you for your time.

Over projecting nose

+2

It sounds like you have thought about your nose for some time and you are ready to do something about it. I recommend that you recruit the proper support at home and see a Plastic or fellowship trained Facial Plastic Surgeon with a good reputation and experience in nasal surgery. Find someone with a Vectra 3D analysis system to see what realistic correction of the nose might look like. I think that you will find that most offices will be warm and welcoming and not surprised at all that you are seeking consultation. If they are not,or seem judgmental or patronizing, I recommend that you go to another office until you find someone who listens carefully to your concerns. Bringing a trusted friend or family member that is supportive can be a big help. This is a sensitive issue, after all, it is your face. I am confident that you will find someone that you will click with.  All the best. 

Rhinoplasty and Tip that is Too Far Out

+1

If your tip is projecting too far and you want it fixed, you should consider rhinoplasty.  You will have to find a plastic surgeon with whom you are comfortable.  This may take some searching, but this effort will pay off.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty surgery

+1

I would recommend a consultation with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist who uses computer imaging software. He/she will morph a photo of you and give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. We strive to make our patients feel as comfortable as possible with the entire process. After doing your homework and finding a reputable surgeon who is very experienced, I'm sure you will be pleased with the welcoming nature of their plastic surgery practice. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Projecting nose rhinoplasty

+1

The projecting nose can be brought into balance with your facial features by removing any hump, a tip plasty, and trimming down of a high dorsal septum.  This can all be accomplished with a closed rhinoplasty. Please review our rhinoplasty photo gallery for examples of over-projected noses .

Rhinoplasty at 18?

+1

If you are unhappy with your nasal appearance, it may be good to go for an evaluation to a board certifed plastic or facial plastic surgeon.  Good luck.