Rhinoplasty to Correct "Hawk Beak" (Age 20) - Cost?

My nose is perfectly straight. I know as i get older it will go downwards like a hawk beak. I would like to know a good age to get rhionplasty as i am only 20 right now, and i was wondering how much it would cost. im not looking to make it bigger or smaller, just turn it up a little bit to have a slightly concave bridge.

Rhinoplasty at age 20

+2

20 is a perfect age for rhinoplasty, especially if it falls in a transition period, say after school and before working. Rhinoplasty before 20 is even better as individuals are more fluid about defining facial features and others around you are less likely to notice changes. Your nose will get a bit longer with age, however you should not think about nasal shaping as a 'prevention' of what is to come. Your nose should look right today and reducing the beak and lifting the tip may just what is in order.

peterejohnsonmd

Rhinoplasty cost to correct "Hawk Beak"

+1

The national average for a rhinoplasty procedure is between $6000-$7000. This includes a surgeon’s fee, operating room, and anesthesia costs. This is done as an outpatient procedure whereby the cartilage and bone of the nose is sculpted and trimmed in such a fashion to give a refined look. Age 20 is an acceptable age to undergo the procedure as the nose is fully grown at this point. Look for a rhinoplasty surgeon who has performed thousands of rhinoplasties since it is the most difficult operation to do in the entire field of cosmetic surgery.  

Rhinoplasty to correct "Hawk Beak" at age 20....

+1

In general I do not consider doing an aesthetic rhinoplasty procedure in someone under the age of 16 to 18 years old for females and 17 and 19 years for a male. This is the age(s) in which the nasal shape and growth is usually complete. Therefore, your age is appropriate for considering a cosmetic rhinoplasty procedure if you are unhappy with your nasal appearance. I recommend a consultation and evaluation with a qualified board certified plastic surgeon with significant experience in rhinoplasty.
Rhinoplasty is the most difficult cosmetic procedure performed in plastic surgery and you should research your options carefully when choosing a physician. Each patient’s facial features and skin thickness should be taken into consideration in the consultation and planning phases of the surgery. Computer imaging is a great educational tool for the patient and physician to communicate desired and expected results.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Rhinoplasty for "Hawk-Beak"

+1

If you want to rotate your tip slightly, do it. However, do not have prophylactic surgery today because you're concerned about a "Hawk-Beak" 60 years from now. A minimal change in your nose may be very rewarding.

Should you get a pre-emptive rhinoplasty?

+1

Rhinoplasty can be performed as a teenager. With severe nasalseptal deformities, it can even be done at a younger age occasionally. The psychological/maturity factors then become very important. However your question- should you have Rhinoplasty to prevent the nose from becoming misshapen as it grows is a good one. The answer is 'no'. Wait till you are unhappy with the appearance and then proceed to surgery.

Oakley Smith, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Cost in 20-year old

+1

Hi Kortni in Kent, OH,

Age for rhinoplasty is a factor in determining if one is a candidate. Typically, starting at age 16 for girls or 17 for boys is an appropriate time to start the rhinoplasty evaluation. The nose continues to change with age, however, the rate of change is greatest during the early teenage years and significantly slows time by 16/17 time frame.

Rhinoplasty is not one operation, but rather many potential procedures to improve the appearance and function of the face and nose. The cost of plastic surgery varies greatly, but it's usually similar for plastic surgeons in your area. Portions of plastic surgery may also be covered by your insurance provider. The cost of cosmetic surgery involves several charges for the entire service. The total fees may also include cost of surgical supplies, laboratory tests, anesthesia, and hospital operating room charges, in addition to the surgeon's fee for performing the cosmetic surgery.

Plastic surgery cost depends on several factors, but largely dependent on the following:

Region - Beverly Hills rhinoplasty more expensive than rural Midwest

Complexity - Full rhinoplasty treating many parts of the nose and requiring anesthesia is more expensive than simple procedures isolated to specific areas which may be performed with local anesthesia

Revision surgery - Revision plastic surgery is generally more expensive than primary surgery

Surgeon - Some plastic surgeons charge significantly more or less than their peers

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic Rhinoplasty for Beaky Looking Nose

+1

Your age is totally appropriate for having a cosmetic rhinoplasty procedure. I would recommend you consult with a qualified, board certified facial plastic surgeon who has experience and expertise in rhinoplasty surgery. Do not let the cost be the limiting factor. Most reputable surgeons in major metropolitan areas charge upwards of $6000-7000 for cosmetic rhinoplasty surgery. This usually includes facility, anesthesia and surgeon fees combined. Good luck with your search.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty appropriate age

+1

The nose is well developed by age 14-16.  Most patients wait until at least age 18 prior to considering this procedure.  I would wait until you are unhappy with your nose, and seek a surgeon who routinely performs this procedure.  Rhinoplasty is considered one of the most difficult surgeries in plastics.  The price depends on the complexity and the amount of operative time required.  I would guess a minimum expense would be $4000 with fees depending on surgeon experience, location, and operative time required. 

Jason R. Hess, MD

Rhinoplasty tip surgery

+1

It sounds like you want a tip rhinoplasty. This can be done without changing the profile significantly.

Rhinoplasty, Nose reduction, price reduction

+1

The nose usually is fully developed in a girl by about age 14 and in a boy by around age 16. So, your nose should not grow and you could have it done anytime. We are offering a substantial economy discount at this time. Please watch my video.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon