About 3 Weeks Post Rhinoplasty and Not Satisfied? (photo)

Hello everyone, i had my nose job on 24.09., hump removal, closed rhinoplasty...Im not satisfied, it looks big and tip is going down, especially when i laugh..Im very sad...Can someone tell me if there was any chance to make this nose nicer or this is it? Please take a look at my photos...And one more question, is there anything i can do in this healing phase to make tip go up a litlle bit? And is it going to be even a litle bit smaller after 2 months maybe? Thanx for your answers in advance..

Yes, this can be re-operated for a different result!

+2

You have a good result evident in your photographs; the hump has been reduced nicely, and you retain a tiny bit of your natural ethnic character. Despite all that being true, you don't like your result! Is this because your surgeon did not understand your goals? Or is it because he failed to achieve clearly-stated goals? Or was the pre-operative consultation a lot of "Yes, I can make your nose look great--you'll love it!" type discussion, without really discussing the specifics of your goals?

Obviously, a bit of communication breakdown.

However, you are still quite early in the healing phase, and there is still swelling that will go down over the next 6-12 months before you reach your "final" result--at least from this rhinoplasty.

Certainly additional surgery can be performed, but it should not be considered until a minimum of 6 months after your first rhinoplasty, and 12 months is truly better! Secondary rhinoplasty is almost always more difficult, more unpredictable, and longer to reach full softness and swelling resolution. I tell you this because both surgeons and their patients tend to "minimize" the cost, risk, and time to healing for any kind of re-do surgery--it's a natural response to minimize the "bad stuff" and hope for a better outcome (in all aspects). Proceed cautiously, as you need to "get it right" this time, and there is never a guarantee. Communicate clearly with your surgeon and make sure you and s/he are both on the same page! Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

About 3 Weeks Post Rhinoplasty and Not Satisfied?

+1

Even as early as 3 weeks post op I see you had a VERY conservative rhinoplasty. Obviously something was lost in translation between you and your surgeon as to appearance. You option is at 6 months to seek revision. 

Hump Removal with Closed Rhinoplasty - 3 weeks

+1

Rhinoplasty is not one operation, but many potential operations. Every patient is unique. Based on the provided photographs, many plastic surgeons and even patients may argue you have good results. Regardless, you don't like the results. Fortunately, you're still in the early period after rhinoplasty. You will still see some changes over time. Sometimes steroid injections help reduce postoperative swelling. Reducing salt intake and the herbal tablet Arnica montana may also help reduce rhinoplasty swelling.

It's too early to even consider a revision rhinoplasty. Most plastic surgeons will wait at least 6 months, if not longer, before discussing any potential revision. Speak with your rhinoplasty surgeon, since only after a comprehensive evaluation can a plastic surgeon help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon