Do I Need a Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I underwent Septoplasty in March 2012 and at that time I told my doctor to conduct a septo-rhinoplasty but he told me that I don't one. I have attached some photos of my nose from different sides.

Decision to have rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty is a very personal decision.  It is made per the patient given their personal desire to change the cosmetic structure of the nose.  It is important to have clear goals in mind when considering a rhinoplasty and to make sure it is communicated to the surgeon prior to surgery.  Narrowing and refining of the tip is performed with tip suturing techniques.  Osteotomies are performed to straighten nasal bones.

Rhinoplasty

+1

Cosmetic Rhinoplasty is an art form that is developed after many years of training and practice.  Please seek experienced Cosmetic Facial Plastic Surgeons for full review.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do I need rhinoplasty

+1

The decision to have a rhinoplasty. Is primarily yours. You need to identify what you are concerned about and determine your goal and then ask if it could be done. RRhinoplasty is a procedure  that encompass several techniques and is tailored to each patients needs. If the patient can not determine what they need, they shouldn't get a  rhinoplasty. Best wishes

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Do I Need a Rhinoplasty?

+1

Aesthetically, your nose could be improved with a Rhinoplasty to straighten the bone and cartilage, rotate the tip up slightly while thinning it and making it more symmetrical.  Whether you "need" a Rhinoplasty or not is a subjective matter IMHO however the aesthetics are what they are regardless of one's desire to act upon them.

No on "needs" a rhinoplasty, it's more about how you feel about your nose and how much it can be changed

+1

Rhinoplasty is a very personal choice. No one "needs" rhinoplasty. I have seen patients come in at the urging of a friend, relative or spouse with a huge nose but personally they are really not interested in having surgery. Others may have subtle changes in what most would consider a nice nose, yet they are still good candidates. If you are considering rhinoplasty, seek out a specialist and discuss your desires. See if their "before and afters" fits your aeshetic sense as well.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Do I Need a Rhinoplasty? (photo)

+1

Need is not the question here. You should be asking yourself if you like the appearance of your nose or not. I did not like mine so I had a Rhinoplasty many years ago and it was the best thing I ever did. But I did not need a Rhinoplasty. If you have breathing difficulties then you might need to have that corrected. There are many things you can do to refine and improve the appearance to any nose. I would consult with a board certified surgeon who specializes in Rhinoplasty surgery. However, first and foremost, you need to think hard about what it is you are looking for out of this procedure. If you do not like the appearance of your nose then yes, you could have a Rhinoplasty and have a great result.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

Changing the features of the face or the appearance of the nose is an individual option and is a personal matter . It seems that you desire to imorove the shape of your nose. In my opinion there is room to achievr your goal by having a rhinoplasty done. In order to have more balance in your profile some sculpturing of the nasal tip and shortening the lengh of your nose should be discussed with your plastic surgeon.

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

As long as you have a good airway, a rhinoplasty at this point would be for aesthetic reasons only. If you do not like the appearance of your nose, I suggest you go for a consultation.

Do I Need a Rhinoplasty?

+1

Based upon the posted photos and your desire for the surgery seek in person evaluations from boarded Rhinoplasty surgeons in your city. 

Do I need a Rhinoplasty?

+1

Hi,

No one needs a rhinoplasty if your nose is functioning properly. In other words, if your nasal breathing and function is normal then the only question is cosmetic. You can improve your nose from an aesthetic/cosmetic standpoint, but of course this personal preference.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS