3 Months Post Open Rhino. Splint Taken Off At 1 Week, and Bump Appeared. Is It Swelling?

Its coming up on 3 months after my open rhinoplasty. 1 week after when they took the nose splint off my nose was perfectly straight, but soon after a hard bump appeared where my dorsal hump was and its still there. There was a decent amount of work done and ive bumped my nose pretty hard a few times, is there any chance its just swelling? I felt confident because I went to a very good doctor but now I am worried. At the 1 month follow up he said it would go down a lot,but its still there

Bump on nose

+2

Sometimes as the swelling comes down a bump becomes visible. This can be residual bone and cartilage that was not  treated successfully or it could be bone growth from healing.

Nasal hump after rhinoplasty

+2

If the hump is there after three months, chances are it will not go away without a revision. It might be swelling but the odds are not in your favor.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty

Swelling is possible

+2

It is possible to have residual swelling 3 months after surgery.  It is best not to judge the surgery for 6 months to a year afterwards.  However, it is appropriate to contact the surgeon and discuss your concerns.