Hit on Nose Tip 2 Months Post Rhinoplasty. Will the Swelling Subside?

I had a rhinoplasty about 2 months ago & last week I got hit in the tip of the nose quite hard - it was really painful and my eyes started watering. The pain pain went away, but in the days following I felt that the tip had become more swollen. I saw my surgeon who said there was nothing wrong, but I still feel as though the swelling is still worse. I feel stupid going back to my Dr again but am still really concerned. Will that swelling go down or is it the result of serious damage?

Hit on Nose Tip 2 Months Post Rhinoplasty

+1

When trauma occurs to an area recently operated on there will usually be at least some discomfort, swelling and/or tenderness.   A bit of swelling usually occurs when areas are tender due to a trauma.  This should subside within a few weeks or months. 

In some cases of persistent swelling, an injection of steroid will rapidly decrease the swelling and/or tenderness.

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Trauma 2 Months Post Rhinoplasty

+1

I would rely on the opinion of your surgeon who did the surgery and had the opportunity to examine you after the nasal trauma. Don't stop trusting your surgeon now.

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

It was a good idea to follow-up with your surgeon after your accident. His remarks that nothing is wrong is important to know. Remember swelling after rhinoplasty in general is normal and will take many months to settle.  Follow closely with your surgeon.