What Rhinoplasty Options do I Have that Would make Nose Less Dominant on my Face? (photo)

i think i'm a good candidate for rhinoplasty but i'm in need advice one what i need done to make nose look much less dominant over face!

Rhinoplasty to decrease dominance of nose on the face

+1

With rhinoplasty, multiple goals can be achieved; decreasing the overall projection of the nose, narrowing and refinement of the tip, hump removal, and the narrowing of the nasal bones.  Any alar flaring can be reduced through an alarplasty procedure.  The rhinoplasty is done under general anesthesia and the average cost for a rhinoplasty is approximately $7000, which includes operating room, anesthesia, and surgeon’s fee.

What Rhinoplasty Options do I Have that Would make Nose Less Dominant on my Face?

+1

Aesthetically, IMHO, the nasal hump could be reduced, the nasal bones and nasal tip thinned.  Be sure the Rhinoplasty Surgeon, you choose, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a natrurally, more attractive nose.

Rhinoplasty

+1

A nose should be in balance with the face. The ideals for men are different than for women.  Without a formal exam it is hard to say what would be best for you.

What does my nose need?

+1

Rhinoplasty is about balance and making the nose blend in to the face so the eyes and soul are most noticed. You may be feeling that it is impossible to alter the dominant look of your nose but from your limited photo it appears that you are a good candidate for reduction and shaping. You should be able to achieve a great result.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Reduction Rhinoplasty

+1

The photo submitted is an oblique shot, not a frontal shot, so certain elements of your nose are difficult to comment on.

I can say that your nose appears to have 3 clear issues: a wide or bulbous tip, a small profile bump, and thick skin including the nostrils.

Of the problems listed here, the only problem that cannot be corrected is the thickness of the nostrils. The nasal skin itself will limit how much narrowing you can achieve and will create a longer   period of swelling after surgery (probably over a year). Being that you are a man, a very defined nose would not look natural and, therefore, the skin issue really isnt much of a problem.

A suture tip plasty and profile reduction with osteotomies should address the majority of the problems with your nose. An examination may reveal other issues, such as deviation or asymmetry, that would require some different surgical maneuvers.

All the best

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

One poor exposed photo does not replace an in person nasal examination. Seek opinions in person so you can be shown exactly what is done. 

Rhinoplasty and natural results.

+1

Your nose can be made more in harmony with the rest of your face by removing the bump, narrowing the tip and narrowing the nasal bones. This can be done as long as the surgeon creates natural noses and not overdone ones!

Rhinoplasty options

+1

I think that your nose is rather broad, especially in the tip. The small bump on the bridge could be shaved down. I think that you should get a great result. The biggest issue that I see is that your nasal skin is rather thick. That will limit how much definition, or detail, you can expect in the tip. As long as you have realistic expectations you should do well. Keep on Rockin'

Ronald Schuster, MD