What Should I Have Done to My Nose in Order to Slim it Down? (photo)

I am 17, and all my life so far, I've been hating my nose. I just know its too big. I want to get a nose job, should I?

Rhinoplasty for bump and profile refinement, and reducing bulbous tip.

+1

Rhinoplasty for bump and profile refinement, and reducing bulbous tip is what would help. But what is important is choosing an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does noses you like!  

Slimming down size of nose

+1

Addressing your tip fullness with rhinoplasty should help with reducing its size. There are various ways of achieving this with surgery. An examination would help with deciding the best method(s) to use.

Often a combination of conservative cartilage trimming and reorientation helps immensely with tip fullness like yours.

Whether you should have surgery is really up to you. Discussing your concerns with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon would help with deciding if rhinoplasty is the right way to go.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty

What Should I Have Done to My Nose in Order to Slim it Down?

+1

Thin the bone and nasal tip with Closed Rhinoplasty with the knowledge and consent of your parents since you are 17 years old.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Tip rhinoplasty

+1

From your posted photos it appears that the lower third of the nose is the issue. I suspect that trimming some of the tip cartilages will decrease the width appearance on the front view and the tip projection on the side view.

Should you get surgery? The answer is yes if it bothers you enough and most plastic surgeons would say you are now old enough to do it.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Should I get a rhinoplasty

+1

The decision to have a rhinoplasty should be yours.  It is important to recognize that rhinoplasty will permanently change the appearance of your nose.  When you are confident that you would like to alter your nasal features, that is the time to have surgery.  

Patients that have specific complaints about their noses are typically the ones happiest after surgery.  Spending time evaluating the changes that you would like to make allows for meaningful discussion with your surgeon about realistic expectations.  For example, is the tip of your nose to wide, does it project too far, is the nasal bridge too large?  These are the features that are most commonly corrected with rhinoplasty. 
Hope this helps.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

How to slim down your nose

+1

From the photos it looks like most of the width of your nose is from the "tip". Your tip cartilages are very broad and large. This is causing the lower third of your nose to look wide. See a good rhinoplasty surgeon for a complete examination.

Should I get a "nose job?"

+1
Diminishing the size of your nose, the tip in particular (width, height, and projection) should result in a nice change for you, provided the operator is skilled. Eyes and lips will appear bigger, and improved nasal tip definition will feminize your face.

Web reference: http://www.feelbeautiful.com

Nose Surgery, Rhinoplasty

+1

You have a very attractive profile, however you do have a long " streched out " face, in contrast to having a " round" face in the frontal view. In order to bring more balance to your pleasing appearance you could consider a very low profile chin implant ( anatomical) to bring more harmony to your face. A rhinoplasty with emphasis on the tip will reduce the bulbous tip enough to give you a natural look.    

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Candidate?

+1

Based on your description about how you feel about your nose,  you already have the answer. The key will be to meet with a well experienced rhinoplasty surgeon,  to discuss your goals ( likes and dislikes about your nose), and gain confidence that the surgeon will be able to achieve your goals. Ask to see or talk to other patients who have had similar work performed.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_nose.htm

Options for a Rhinoplasty at age 17

+1

Based on your photo you would be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty.  It would be nice to tailor the tip region and make it smaller.  There are some really nice things about your nose though that need to be maintained.

Personally  I feel  it would be a good idea to have a Rhinoplasty at age 18 when the bones of the face have grown a little more.  I do know some surgeons that will do Rhinoplasty as early as age 13 or 14, but often times revisions may need to be done.

Do some research online for physicians in your area that do Rhinoplasty and study their before and after photos. If you like their results and  they are board certified in the field of plastic surgery , or facial plastic surgery  consider meeting with them .

Good Luck to you.

Kimberly Henry M.D.

San Francisco CA

Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon