Rhinoplasty - What Do I Need Done?

I want to correct the obvious problems in my nose, the bulbous tip and small hump. I do not want me nose to become too small because I think the size fits my face well. The bulbous tip is very obvious when I smile. What would the suggestions be for what I should have done to improve the appearance of my nose and face overall?

Rhinoplasty for aesthetic improvements

+1

A bulbous tip is best addressed by dome suturing techniques to narrow, refine and feminize the nasal tip.  A small amount of cartilage will also need to be removed from the tip as well.  This will create a more triangular tip without making the tip pointed.  The small hump can also be removed from the bridge and osteotomies are performed to narrow the sidewalls if needed.  

Routine rhinoplasty? Kate, you appear to be an excellent candidate!

+1

Hello Kate;

Because of the bump on your nose and a bulbous tip, you are an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty.  These are the usual points of dissatisfaction that are well managed by the traditional rhinoplasty technique. 

If, in fact, the tip drops while smiling and becomes more obvious, that can be corrected also.

In any event, you should consult with an experienced nasal surgeon, and I would suggest having computer imaging to show you what will very likely will be results of your procedure. 

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS
Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON

Robert Kotler, MD

Rhinoplasty for Minimal Nasal Reduction

+1

You  need minimal reduction to refine and define your nose and make it more harmonious with the rest of your facial features. Select an experienced surgeon whose results you like.

Nose tip and bump improvements

+1
  • If you were to have rhinoplasty, which is by no means absolutely necessary in your case, then I would focus on a slight tip narrowing and a mild straightening of the bump from the side view. 
  • If you are clear in you requests with
  • Consider seeing a surgeon who can provide computerized simulation imaging-- it really helps make sure you and your doctor are thinking about the same type of result.  Best wishes. Dr. Suzman.

Michael Suzman, MD

Well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery may be employed to narrow your tip and lower the height of your bridge.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos.

On front view, your nose is a bit on the wide side. You also appear to have thick nasal skin. On profile, your bridge is convex and a bit high. Your tip hangs low and appears to droop with smiling.

The purpose of Rhinoplasty Surgery is to allow your nose to blend in and not distract from your appearance. Based on your description, you may be a good candidate for Rhinoplasty Surgery. You should consult with several reputable rhinoplasty specialists to see what you might expect to see after Rhinoplasty Surgery. Computer-imaging is a routine part of a rhinoplasty consultation in most practices.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for the wide tip and hump.

+1
See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses t refine the tip and remove the bump, etc. Make sure you meet with his patients to see his work. P.S. What a lovely smile!

A subtle rhinoplasty makes a big improvement in the face.

+1

Hi.

1)  You are right that you should not get a very small nose.  Just going by your pictures, I don't think there is much wrong with the upper part of your nose other than the small bump (it's actually just a little convexity).

2) The tip and base of your nose are wide.  You actually have what is called a "boxy" tip, because from the bottom, it looks a little square.  This is fixed with an open rhinoplasty technique and tip cartilage internal stitches.

3)  The angle between your nose and your upper lip in profile is about 90 degrees.  In a woman, the ideal is a little more open; about 110 degrees.  So your nose may need to be rotated up slightly.

4)  The last thing is your nose may be a tiny bit too long, but it is hard to be sure just from the photos.  I hope this is helpful!

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Bulbous/Boxy, but not bad

+1

Kate,

Your rhinoplasy needs are relatively straight forward.  Your tip is slightly bulbous, maybe more boxy. It's difficult to tell from the pictures, and is really just a technical issue as far as the surgeon is concerned.  Your dorsum has a slight bump and the length may need to be increased with a small graft to the root of your nose (near the bridge).  Your results should be very favorable.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Nose

+1

Please send better pictures. In one view you appear to have alar flaring but, in another view you do not /Even consrervative hump removal usually requires lareral osteotomies to close the open roof. This will narrow the bridge an require significant tip refinement

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

It's hard to tell from the photos

+1

Your photos are not the best, one can not make a good plan from them. The best thing you can do is set up an appointment with a qualified rhinoplastic plastic surgeon and speak to them about what you want done.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD