Should I Go Ahead with Another Rhinoplasty?

After numerous Rhinoplasty revision surgeries, I'm still unhappy with the results, I consulted with two of the, ( real self doctor recommendable surgeons) in the Seattle area. Both doctors said there was hope, and it could be fixed, however the last doctor who operated on it, insisted that I leave it alone, or I could further complicate things. I'm very confused and worried about making the right decision. What should I do?

Another revision

+2

It is difficult to answer your questions without seeing your photos or examining you – it would be very helpful to post images showing your areas of concern

Having another revision rhinoplasty in the Seattle area

+2

It's hard to fully assess your question without seeing your nose and finding out what it is you'd like improved. Sometimes the decision to undergo a revision is based on the surgeon's comfort level with improving the area of concern versus the risk of doing more harm than good with additional surgery.

In some cases what appears to be a minor issue that would seem to be very easy to fix is in actuality quite complicated (though not necessarily impossible) to repair. The key is finding a surgeon well versed in revision rhinoplasty surgery that you are comfortable with.

I'm happy to review your photos and give you a more detailed assessment if you'd like to send them my way.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Another Revision Rhinoplasty?

+2

It is difficult to answer your questions without knowing how much surgery would be necesary to accomplish the desired changes. My best advice is to find a surgeon who is experienced in  revision rhinoplasty; hopefully you've already done that in Seattle.

To have Revision Rhinoplasty or not

+2

I have performed Rhinoplasty and Revision Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and this is always a difficult decision for patients.  I think, it well within your rights to have a bit more in depth explanation of why and further nasal surgery would be disaterous.....provided by your previous surgeon.  This could beain e-mail or telephone communication.  There maybe some specific thing that your previous surgeon found or knows that none of us here have access to, since we were not present at your last Rhinoplasty.

This could be: large amount of scar tissue, lack of support cartilage to nasal tip, poor blood supply to the nasal tip....all three of these issues would be something that would make me take pause before performing revision Rhinoplasty on any patient.

IMHO, I must also add that any experienced Revision Rhinoplasty surgeon, with years of experience, should know the answers to these questions and more by examining your nose and taking a careful history of your previous Rhinoplasty surgeries and what they attempted to accomplish.

If you're still confused, at this point, perhaps you just haven't had the proper explanation of things and might see additional surgeons.  It should all make sense at the end of the day.

Advice for revision rhinoplasty

+2

It is hard to provide a good answer without seeing pictures of you and without learning exactly what it is that is unsatisfactory. Certainly revision rhinoplasty is more complicated than a primary rhinoplasty, but some areas are more easy to correct than others. It is far easier to adjust a prominent nasal hump, for instance, then to redo a tip refinement procedure.

The best hope for success is to maintain realistic expectations and to find a surgeon who has a lot of experience doing revision rhinoplasty.

Daniel Greenwald, MD