Is Rhinoplasty Right for me or Will I Make my Nose Worse?

Hello! I live in NYC and I'm about to go to India for a rhinoplasty (due to low budget). I really wanna do it because some things are definitely wrong with my nose. My I'm scared to make it worse. That's what doctor wrote after seeing my pictures: "Long nose with slight hump at the dorsum.Tip is bulbous and the nostrils are asymmetrical. The columella is also deviated" IS IT WORTH THE RISK? I want to correct my nose not to make it worse... PLEASE HELP! Advice needed

It's best to keep your Rhinoplasty Surgeon close to home.

+2

I read your concern. In my practice, my rhinoplasty patients are followed closely for the first year after surgery with an average of 5-6 visits. Your surgeon's description of your nose is completely accurate, but you won't have the luxury of visiting him for any concerns you may have after your procedure. You also appear to have thin skin which may be prone to show subtle irregularities after your nose job, and issues like these may be addressed easily in the office if they appear.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards from NJ.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty - is it worth it

+2

Hi,

If you get a good result, then it will be worth it. It all depends on who does your surgery. If you go to India for the price, you may or may not get what you want. If you get a bad result, will you go back to India for a revision?? If you have it done here and you need a revision it will probably be less costly in the long run. That said, Im sure there are good surgeons in India as well.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Best to have rhinoplasty in the U.S.

+1

It is best to have a rhinoplasty performed in the continental United States.  Although prices are cheaper, India is still a third world country and their hygienic standards are not up to par with the United States health care system.  The rhinoplasty procedure would address narrowing and refining of the tip, straightening of the nasal bones, and any hump removal and feminization or refinement of the nose.  It is also important to make sure that this procedure is performed under a general anesthetic in attendance with a physician anesthesiologist in a certified surgery center, such as Medicare.  After all, the nose is the most prominent feature of your face and it is important to go to a rhinoplasty surgeon who has performed thousands of rhinoplasties.  

Shopping Price for Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

There are excellent surgeons in India, but don't make price the ultimate parameter when having elective cosmetic surgery. If there are complications you will have to return to India or have a revision here in the United States. Having done revision rhinolasty for over 30 years, Ive seen the disappointment of many patients when they realize how much nasal improvement ultimately costs them. Save your money and have your rhinoplasty done by an expeerienced surgeon here in this country. 

Not all Surgeons around the World are of Equal Skill

+1

Never, ever have a plastic and cosmetic surgery procedure including Rhinoplasty because of the price.  IMHO, you would be better served by saving your money until you can have a Rhinoplasty with a well experienced, US surgeon with a good reputation.  Not all surgeons around the world are of equal skill, training and experience.

Rhino in India

+1

I thought a whole bunch of us answered this question a day or two ago.  You obviously have significant doubts.  Why not postpone and see about doing the surgery at one of the residency training programs in your area - like Montefiore Hospital and Albert Einstein Medical Center.  Your costs will be significantly less and you are being treated in a US hospital under the supervision of Board Certified Plastic Surgeons.  Whatever yourdecision, hopefully you don't regret it.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

I think I answered your question before in another post.  I am sure there are fine surgeons in India. However, if you live in NY you  may wnat to think twice about going to India for surgery.  If you have complications or issues that need to be addressed, don't you think it would be better if you live near your doctor. India is pretty far away to have follow-up.

Rhinoplasty in India

+1

I agree that there are definitely good competent surgeons in India.  However, I am curious how much cheaper it is to do it in India.  No matter where you are, you always get what you pay for.  What about followup?  I see rhinoplasty patients the day after surgery, at one week postop, 2 weeks postop, 1 month postop, and the 3,6, and 12 months postop.  Go to my website and fill out the submission form and let me know how much you are going to spend, including surgeon's fees, hospital fees, travel, etc.  I can give you a ballpark quote from that.  I'm in Virginia, so travel here would not be anywhere as expensive.  I'm worried that you don't know what you are going to get from a surgeon in another country.  I don't want you to do something now based on your budget that you will potentially regret in the future. 

matthewbridgesmd.com

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask your doctor

+1

Don't waste our time -- if you are going to India ask your doctor there. You should be worried if you don't know who your doctor is.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD