My bridge is narrow but my tip is quite bulbous, especially when I smile. Do I need Rhinoplasty? (photos)

My bridge is narrow but my tip is quite bulbous, especially when I smile. I would like expert opinions please on if I would benefit from rhinoplasty or if it would just be such a minute change that it wouldn't be worth it. I would like my features to be more in harmony. Thank you!

My bridge is narrow but my tip is quite bulbous, especially when I smile. Do I need Rhinoplasty?

+1
   The tip can be refined if you would like.

Los Angeles, CA...........................

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip

+1
You could certainly consider rhinoplasty to address the bulbous appearance of your tip. You should be able to achieve a significant enough change that it would be worth it, though you're the ultimate person to decide if your nasal tip bothers you enough to have surgery.

A drastic change isn't necessary, but refining the roundedness of your tip cartilages can go a long way in creating more harmony to your nose.

You can read more about bulbous tip rhinoplasty and see before and after photos at my web reference link below.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Tip rhinoplasty?

+1
The areas you are concerned about are frequently improved with a tip rhinoplasty alone without altering the bridge. Whether you should have the procedure is a personal decision only you can make after a full consultation. Additional information about the procedure will help you decide if it is a procedure that you want to pursue or whether you would get a better result with a full rhinoplasty.

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (ENT) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

You appear to be a good candidate for a tip rhinoplasty.

+1
First of all, no one needs a rhinoplasty. If you are dissatisfied only with the volume of the nasal tip than a tip rhinoplasty would be a wise choice to deal with that specific problem.

Rhinoplasty Candidate? #nosejob

+1
Nobody needs a Rhinoplasty. It is more of a desire rather than need. So you certainly could have some modification of the tip if that is what bothers you. Make sure you seek a board certified surgeon who specializes in nasal surgery. They can help guide you through what can and can't be done to obtain your goals.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Tip rhinoplasty

+1
Your concerns for refining the nasal tip is very achievable. The patient-doctor experience begins with a consultation. Considering yours goals, I recommend visiting with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip plasty for only bulbous tip.

+1
This is what you need since the rest of your nose is fine. You may need small grafts above your tip to prevent it being too narrow. Choose a very experienced surgeon because your nose is quite short. Often patients like you have the tip cartilages trimmed and it makes the nose even shorter.

A rhinoplasty would help refine your nose

+1
Your nasal tip can be refined through a rhinoplasty procedure. Nasal flaring is normal with smiling and will continue after any nose procedures.

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

+1
Yes, you can thin and refine the tip of the nose with a tipplasty.  This procedure is done through the inside of the nostrils and no incision will be seen.  The thinning of the tip will reduce the size and better suite your face.

Tip rhinoplasty

+1
A tip rhinoplasty  can address reduction of the bulbous tip. This is accomplished with suture techniques to the lower lateral cartilages and a conservative cartilage removal when the tip cartilages are excessively wide and thick. The nose will still widen Her with smiling even though you've had a tip plasty performed.