Rhinoplasty Four Yrs Ago to Remove Bump and Its Just Started to Grow Back, is this Possible?

I had a huge bump on bridge of nose that was removed over 4 years ago now and literally the last month i can ever s slightly see it. I can feel it and it definatly wasnt like that before, it has been smooth ever since- is this possible? I worried its gonna keep growing and require more surgery :( thanks

Nasal Hump Growing Back 4 Years Post Rhinoplasty

+1

It is virtually impossible for a previously removed nasal hump to start growing back 4 years after a rhinoplasty. As suggested by another panel member, relaxation or sagging of the tip may give the illusion that the bridge is increasing. Consult with your surgeon and look at previous pictures.

Bump on nose returning

+1

A bump on the nose that was removed 4 years earlier does not grow back.  Did you recently bump your nose on something?  Is there a skin issue?  An exam would be critical, and you shoudl probably see your surgeon.

Perception of Bump Four Years after Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

It is unlikely that the bump has grown back at 4 years out from rhinoplasty surgery like this. It might be that you have developed late scar tissue under the skin that might account for this perceived change. It is also possible that your nasal tip has dropped down (called loss of projection) over the past few years and is now giving the perception that the bridge is becoming more prominent. It would be best to have your prior rhinoplasty surgeon evaluate the nose if possible to determine more definitively what is going on. Wishing you the best.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon