Skin Has Been Flaking Since Rhinoplasty 2 Years Ago, What Can I Do?

Every night when I shower I have to scrub it to remove the dead skin or it will accumulate. It almost looks like my nose has psoriasis with the red blotches after I scrub it, gently might I add. Not abrasive in the least. I tried moisturizing it every night and not touching it but that doesn't work, it just accumulates so I have to scrub it off. After I scrub it off at night the next morning it looks normal, but then I have to repeat the method again. I'm sure this isn't normal. What can I do?

Need photos

+1

Most likely not related to your rhinoplasty but without knwoing what was done to your nose and see photos it is difficult to say.

+1

I have performed rhinoplasty for over 20 years and that doesn't sound like a normal consequence after a rhinoplasty.  You might want to see a local dermatologist to have the skin evaluated.

Skin

+1

Sloughing of skin after a fhinoplasty is not uncommon but, of short duration. I think you need to consult a dermatologist

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Skin on nose flaking after rhinoplasty

+1

This problem is likely unrelated to the rhinoplasty.  Sounds like hyperkeratosis.  Without a picture, difficult to answer with any degree of certainty.  Consider seeing a dermatologist.

Steve Laverson, MD