Rhinoplasty Done 5 Years Ago Resulted in a Round Tip of the Nose. What Are the Options to Correct It? (photo)

I have had rhinoplasty 5 years ago mainly to reduce the bulbous appearance of the nose that resulted in a round tip in my opinion. I am not totally dissatisfied with the first procedure but still believe it could be improved. Would that be wise to perform a revision rhinoplasty in a sense that I do not want the nose to be shortened, however I want to have a more balanced looking tip. Is that a common problem with revision rhinoplasty? What are the options? How to correct it? Thank you.

Rhinoplasty Done 5 Years Ago Resulted in a Round Tip of the Nose. What Are the Options to Correct It?

+1

Aesthetically speaking, the nasal tip is wide (most likely from excess scar tissue) as well as under-rotated.  An open Tip-plasty with a possible conchal cartilage ear graft with removal of excess scar tissue along with rotating the nasal tip up slightly would seem appropriate.  Hope this helps.

Rhinoplasty for round tip

+1

The round tip is common both in revision surgery and in first time surgery. The usual solution is trimming and suture shaping the tip cartilages as well as placement of a tip shield-shaped cartilage graft. The thicker the skin the less the impact of the grafts.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Rhino at Five

+1

After 29 years, I have seen it all.  Yes, a revision rhinoplasty could help you achieve your cosmetic goals!  Contact your local Cosmetic Surgeon for details and make sure that the surgeon is a specialist in RHINOPLASTY.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty for Bulbous Tip

+1

Hi,

Its not uncommon to have revision rhinoplasty for a  bulbous tip. Its probably the most common revision surgery in ethnic patients. The tip of your nose looks like there is too much cartilage and not it is not sculpted enough. This would require cartilage graft resculpting.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Revision tip rhinoplasty

+1

Was your initial rhinoplasty closed or open? I find that closed rhinoplasty fails to address the tip well-- either under or over correcting it. You could undergo a revision rhinoplasty, but certainly would recommend doing it via an "open" approach.

Andrew Rosenthal, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon