I had a rhinoplasty 2 years ago after but I am unhappy with the results, I am thinking about having another procedure? (photo)

I would like to know if someone could address the problem, or give me what could have caused my nose to look deviated to one side

Crooked Postop Rhinoplasty Result

+3
I am sorry your results are not what you were expecting. From your photos, there appears to be quite a bit of collapse along the right side of your nose.(which may be your left depending on how the photo was taken) The middle portion of the nose is depressed on this side due to either retraction of the upper lateral cartilage or resection of the cartilage or possibly both. This would require cartilage to be added to the middle vault of the nose-referred to as spreader grafts. This will improve the asymmetry as well as improving your breathing. The tip of the nose asymmetry is also the result of insufficient cartilage support (either from resection/removal or excessive tightening of the nasal tip cartilage) This can be remedied by adding alar cartilage rim grafts and possibly adding an extended tip graft. I hope this helps but I do believe this can be greatly improved.

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

I had a rhinoplasty 2 years ago after but I am unhappy with the results, I am thinking about having another procedure?

+1

I think that the deviation can be improved. It will never be perfectly straight, but it will be much better.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Revision 2 Years after Rhinoplasty

+1

I agree; I would not be satisfied with the result. A revision by an experienced revision specialist would significant improve the appearance if your nose by changing your profile, lifting the hanging columella, and lowering your nostril rims.

Crooked nose

+1

Thank you for the question. I don't think you need to focus on another anatomical area other than the nose. Your Plastic Surgeon may be able to give some other recommendations about corrective procedures that could better balance the nose. The middle third of the nose is rather flat on the right side when compared to the left. You may want to try a revision to improve the overall balance.

Good luck to you.

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD