Rhinoplasty a Year Ago and Still Bump on Bridge, Options?

I broke my nose years ago, one year ago I had rhinoplasty to shave down the bump, but it is still there. I also have a deviated septum and I dont know if this affects it. Is there anything I can do besides more surgery? Also will having my septum fixed make this better or worse? Its hard to see from the photo, it is worse at an angle...like its also too wide. thanks :)

How to fix small bump a year after a Rhinoplasty.

+2

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and IMHO, you have a slight depression of the nasal cartilage bridge that's giving the false impression of a bony hump.  You may want to ask your Rhinoplasty surgeon to inject a small amount of filler (Restylane or Juvederm) into this area to fill the depression and see how you like the results.

Bump on Bridge 1 Year after Rhinoplasty

+2

The bump on your bridge can be be removed but instead, i strongly advise you to fill the depression below the bump which will give you a defined profile. This can be accomplished with a filler , or a little bit of cartilage or fascia. Fixing the septum or narrowing the wide area will not have any effect on the treatment of your bump.

Correction for persistant bump on dorsum

+2

After a full year of healing it is likely that the bump you have is permanent. It is subtle, but if it bothers you, you will have to have it treated surgically, or alternatively you can have a little filler placed around it to camouflage it.  I would recommend ArteFill if you are sure you do not want to have a second surgery.

Leif L. Rogers, MD, FACS

Bump or dip?

+2

I see that you may have a little depression below the bump you see.  While rasping the dorsum a bit may help, you may need a small graft at the "Dip" to give you the result you like.  Fillers in the nose are a bit controversial as some think they have more likelihood to get infected, keep skin red, etc.  Good luck.

Colin Pero, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler would be the first thing to try

+2

I would recommend filer like Juvederm or Restylane to fill the depression. This will not help the deviated septum,but will give you temporary results.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Post rhinoplasy bump

+2

Hi there,

We'd need to see a three quarter view and a front view to advise you properly.  However, on the lateral, and if you're breathing ok it looks like there is potential for an injectable filler to correct what you see. That's good news as its very simple.  The only thing not correctable by filler for you is if the nose is genuinely too wide which we can't see from your profile shot.

Sometimes the width in a case such as yours is more apparent than real and if the dorsal line is smooth and harmonious it won't look so wide.

I can see the bump you describe, but there is a lot to like about the profile shot you have too.  Best thing is to go back and chat with your surgeon about your concerns.

Good luck.

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and bump on nose.

+2

Rhinoplasty and bump on nose can be filed down under local injection by your surgeon. You can also have a small amount of filler placed below the bump.

Bump and wide nose after rhinoplasty

+2

If you are a year out from surgery then there is not much that is going to help you with the problems you describe (wide nose, persistent bump, deviated septum) except more surgery.  Unfortunately you will need a revision surgery to correct these things as they don't generally improve with additional time, especially after a year.  Correcting the septum can improve your breathing.  If done properly it should not affect the extenal appearance of the nose.  If not executed properly it can have deleterious effects to your appearance.  Narrowing the bridge of he nose is usually done with osteotomies or "breaking" the nose and narrowing it. 

You will need to assess how much these issues bother you and if they are worth going through another surgery.  Good luck.

Gregory Branham, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post-Rhinoplasty Bump

+2

Your photo shows a very minimal problem which could be corrected by injecting a filler, such as Radiesse or Perlane, just below the bump. This would help recontour the area without resorting to further surgery. In many patients, injecting once or twice is sufficient. If the septum is still deviated but not causing breathing problems, it's probably best to leave it alone.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Bump

+2

Your bump as you call it and as i see it appears very natural and you should cinsider leaving it alone. Thus keeping the nose from looking over done. Correcting your deviated septum should have been done at the initial surgery

David A. Bray, Sr., MD