I Had Rhinoplasty 1 Year Ago and I Still Have a Blocked Nose Especially at Night is This Normal?

Nasal Airway Obstruction Post Rhinoplasty

+1

It is not uncommon to have early post operative nasal congestion after a rhinoplasty. It usually resolves in 6-8 weeks. One can use nasal spray frequently. If it persists more than 6 months, one may have a functional internal nasal valve scarring that needs to be corrected by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Breathing Problems Even After Corrective Rhinoplasty

+1

Without a physical evaluation and the details of your surgery it is hard to provide you with a solid assessment.

Was a septa-rhinoplasty performed only or were there other nasal parts targeted?

I recommend that you consult your surgeon who knows the full details of your surgery so he/she can physically examine you and diagnose the problem.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS