Rhinoplasty Gone Wrong? (photo)

I'm 19 years old and I had a nose job 2 months ago. I think I developed an inverted v deformity, especially on the right side and a polly beak. I also find my nose profile unnatural looking. Are my thoughts true or I'm just being paranoid?

Two Months After Rhinoplasty

+1

Thanks for the question and photos. It does appear that you have a bit of a pollybeak deformity though at 2 months, there is still likely quite a bit of swelling in the tip and supratip which can accentuate this. Ask your surgeon if Kenalog (steroid) injections or taping the nose might help. As for your bridge, you may like the appearance of it a bit more with time, as the tip and supratip swelling go down. If it still appears too curved or scooped for your taste, revision rhinoplasty could be a consideration after 9-12 months. You may be developing a slight upper lateral cartilage collapse on the right. This will have to be monitored over the next several months. Spreader grafts and dorsal onlay grafts could be used during revision surgery, if needed. 

Just to give you all of your options, another consideration may be to inject a small amount of filler such as Restylane, Perlane, or Juvederm along the bridge to raise it slightly. This "nonsurgical rhinoplasty" can also camouflage the asymmetry of the upper lateral cartilages. Fillers in the nose tend to last quite a long time (12 or more months) and could be an excellent, relatively inexpensive option before or instead of surgery. 

Best regards,

Dr. Mehta

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

I think your nose looked good before surgery and am trying to figure out why you had surgery or what you wanted changed by the surgery. Sometimes patients get what they ask for and that becomes the problem. At any rate you will have to wait some months before entertaining a revision surgery.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

Rhinoplasty issue

+1

It is always nice to see preop photos to compare and contrast.  From these views it does appear that you may have a pollybeak.  It is really best to wait 6 months to a year to see the final result before considering a revision.  

Rhinoplasty Gone Wrong?

+1

Appears as a VERY VERY conservative rhinoplasty. Maybe the discussions with your surgeon were not fully understood as to the planned surgery and anticipated results??? Revision after 6 months is the next option. 

Pollybeak deformity and Inverted V

+1

Hi,

Yes I think you are right. It definitley looks like a pollybeak deformity and a  inverted. Unfortunatley this will get worse as time goes on. You should seek a revision within 6 to 8 months post-op if you want to correct this problem.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty 2 months ago

+1

From the photos submitted it appears that you are correct. You have an over-resected dorsum. I also see that you have a polly-beak deformity and your tip is over-rotated.

They all appear to be signs of excess tissue removed. With time, the healing process will only cause increase contraction, making this issues worse.

I would seek a different surgeon. Once who not only specializes in rhinoplasty, but has adequate experience and talent.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Gone Wrong

+1

You are not being paranoid, but you are being impatient. Your questions are reasonable but your  nose will change as healing progresses over the next 8-10 months. Share your concerns with your surgeon.