Nose Job for Wide Nose and Facial Harmony?

I was always aware that my nose was very wide across the tip and nostrils and have considered a nose job. I am afraid that a thin nose would look bad on my face, though. How much can my nose be narrowed and still suit my face? I am also concerned if narrowing the nostrils will leave visible scarring, and if tip plasty can lead to loss of feeling in the tip.

Nose Job For Wide Nose Should Fit The Face

+5

Thank you for your question. A nose job or Rhinoplasty should be able to refine your nasal tip and still create a nose that is harmonious with your face.

The face can be divided in 1/3's and the base of the nose should occupy the central 1/3.

From your photo your alae are about 1/3 and I would be reluctant to narrow the alar base. The tip can certainly be refined without alar base reduction.

Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is expert at Rhinoplasty. Tip refinement should not be attempted by a novice surgeon.

Rhinoplasty to narrow nose for more facial harmony

+1

It is very important when performing a rhinoplasty to make sure the nose fits and balances with the existing facial features. Usually the nasal bridge can be narrowed 20% to 40% depending upon the patient’s needs, wants, and desires and the skills of the surgeon. Narrowing of the nostrils can be performed with an alarplasty technique where the incisions are inside the nostril rim. When performing a tip plasty, there will be some temporary numbness in the tip, but this should not be permanent.

Rhinoplasty for wide noses

+1

Wide noses should not be made thin, but these noses can be narrowed so they are proportional to surrounding facial features. The key is selecting an experienced surgeon. After healing your nose will not be numb nor will the scars be visible.

Rhinoplasty can improve your proportions

+1

If done by a board-certified plastic surgeon with experience in rhinoplasty, you should have a very nice result. The numbness and scars should only be temporary. The scars should fade nicely and the numbness should resolve. The exact plan would depend on a more detailed evaluation of your nose. Good luck!

Parham Ganchi, PhD, MD
Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Nasal surgery for a wide nose can be done well and in proportion to your face.

+1

The key is to see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does not overdo noses like yours. The tip and the nasal bones can be narrowed and result in a better looking nose and yet be totally natural. The tip will not be permanently numb and the nostril incisions will not be noticeable.

Rhinoplasty and appearance of nose

+1

Hi, your nose can certainly be narrowed, and the tip can be reduced. The scars, if placed correctly, should be minimally visible to the naked eye. Surgery on the nose will produce some temporary numbness, but this generally resolves within 6 months. An experienced surgeon will be able to obtain results that are natural and which preserve facial harmony. Seek several opinions in your area and ask to see some of their photos to get an idea of their work. Good luck, nsn.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

Ethnic Rhinoplasty and facial harmony

+1

It is possible to reduce the width of your nose while keeping it in harmony with your facial features. When performed properly by a rhinoplasty specialist, the goal with a scar when reducing the size of the nostrils (alar base reduction) is to make the scar minimally visible. And there are many examples of rhinoplasties where osteotomies are performed, (fracturing the nasal bones to reduce the width of the nose) and you can see the nose is not too narrow for the face. In reference to tip sensation, after tip work is performed, any loss is sensation is temporary. It is very rare that it is permanent.

Thank you, and best of luck.

Dr. Nassif

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Nasal Proportions

+1

You only provide one view which makes it impossible to give a complete assessment.

I would say that your nose bones and nostril areas are too wide. The tip also looks bulbous, and either over projecting, or conversely, your dorsum (bridge is too low).

You will need a ful exam with different views and also an internal exam (painless) for full evaluation. Basically, if done properly, and healing is normal, you should expect a signifciantly narrowed nose, narrowed tip, refined tip. Done artistically, this will inprove the harmony of your face.

Visible scars around the nostril is possible, but not likely a problem. Tip numbness is also possible, but I have never heard this to be a problem with my patients.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Ethnic Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

The best way to answer your question is to have computer imaging of your nose.

This will give you a good idea of what your nose will look like after the surgery.

As for the numbness, this will eventually resolve within 3 to 6 months.

Dr. S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS