Is It Possible to Get a Rhinoplasty Done While Still Have Restylane in my Nose?

Rhinoplasty While Still Have Restylane in Nose

+1

Ideally the filler should be gone before rhinoplasty.  Restylane can be dissolved using injection of hyaluronidase

Rhinoplasty While Restylane is Present in Nose

+1

You want to have just one rhinoplasty to achieve permanent results. This can be difficult when a filler is present. It would be best to wait until the temporary filler has absorbed. Timing of the surgery can be determined by reviewing  pictures taken before the Restylane.

Rhino after restylane

+1

i agree - either wait or consider  hyaluronidase.  rhinoplasty is a surgery of millimeters.  you dont want the filler to throw off important judgments. 

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD
San Angelo Plastic Surgeon

Restylane and rhinoplasty

+1

I would recommend that a person with a short term absorbable material in their nose wait until the material absorbs prior to undergoing a surgical procedure in the area. It would not be possible to see exactly how the nose would look without the material during the surgery.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Best to allow Restylane to absorb before Rhinoplasty

+1

When operating on a patient's nose, surgeons attempt to obtain a long lasting result.  If there is a filler, such as Restylane, it can mask the patient's nasal anatomy, making predictions about healing more challenging.  I would suggest either waiting until the Restylane has absorbed or dissolving it with hyaluronidase before undergoing a rhinoplasty.

Jonathan Sonne, MD
Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon