Can I Have a Rhinoplasty when I Had Retinal Detachment in the Past?

I want to have a nose surgery (my nose is big and i need a reduction of nasal bridge) but i have some doubts because in the past i had retinal detachmen tand leizer treatment for that problem... (6 years ago) Is it dangerous to have a nose surgery?

Rhinoplasty when patient has history of retinal detachment

+1

It is certainly acceptable to undergo a rhinoplasty after having had a retinal detachment.  Have your ophthalmologist take a look at your retina to make sure there are no recurrent detachments going on prior to embarking on a rhinoplasty, but the retinal detachment and the rhinoplasty should be unrelated events.

Retinal Detachment and Rhinoplasty

+1

So long as you have healed from your retinal detachment, I don't see any reason not to proceed. To be safe, I would have an ophthomologist clear you for surgery

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Retinal detachment and future surgery

+1

If you had a prior retinal detachment and it has healed, it is probably fine to undergo a rhinoplasty. Certainly touch base with your ophthalmologist first.

+1

I have performd various plastic and cosmetic surgeries on patients who have had retinal detachments in the past.  I made sure that they were seen and cleared by the eye surgeon who follows them for the retinal issue.  

Nasal Surgery post retinal detacment

+1

As long as you have recovered from the injury and your ophthalmologist gives you the OK to undergo surgery. I do not see any contradiction for you to undergo Rhinoplasty procedure!

Good luck !

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Retinal detachment

+1

On first thinking about your issue, I see no reason not to proceed. The actual surgery is really away form your eye. However, to be safe see your eye doctor first

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Nasal surgery

+1

As far as the risks to your retina this should be discussed with the retinal surgeon and your Plastic Surgeon. Also the exact details of your rhinoplasty may certainly alter the risks.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Rhinoplasty after Detached Retina

+1

Fortunately, it sounds like your vision has been stable and the retina healthy since the detachment 6 years ago. I could make recommendations , but if you were my patient, I would consult with your retina specialist.