Rhinoplasty, when I Laugh Nose Looks Stiff and Not Quiet Natural, is That Normal? (photo)

i had rhinoplasty one and a half week ago, my nose looks smaller than it was, and natural and I'm happy with that. My upper lip is becoming more flexible and the shape of my smile is almost the same, but when i smile or laugh, my nose looks stiff, rigid and thus not natural, and is kind of ruining my big smile, I am so scared that it will remain like this and ruin my smile which was really beautiful and natural. Please is that normal, will my nose look natural and in place when i laugh again ?

Early stiffness of tissue after a rhinoplasty

+1

You are very early after your rhinoplasty and all of the associated tissues will be stiff and swollen.  Just relax and give it time to go down.  

Different smile after rhinoplasty

+1

You are in the early post operative period.  There is swelling and stiffness in the tissues adjacent to the nose.  This will resolve gradually over time.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Postoperative Smile Stiffness

+1

You are still in the early postoperative period at 1.5 weeks. Give it time. Some of the swelling will subside over the next few weeks, but it will take months for the tip swelling to resolve fully. Certain techniques are known to create a stiff, but very stable nasal tip, but this is not something that you will be able to determine until many months down the road. In the mean time, enjoy your new nose!

Jeremy B. White, MD
Aventura Facial Plastic Surgeon

It will take months for swelling to totally resolve after rhinoplasty.

+1

Two weeks after a rhinoplasty the tissues in the nose are still rigid from swelling. This will persist for many weeks or even months.