I Had a Rhinoplasty 3 Weeks Ago; Will a Small Dent on the Right Side of my Nose Go Away Soon?

I had a rhinoplasty exactly 3 weeks ago, and all bandages were removed 4 days ago. When this was done, I noticed that I had a small bruise/dent on the right side of my upper nose, not on the tip. I say bruise/dent because it is dented, and it seems to be darker than my regular skin tone like a bruise. My surgeon said it would go away in a few days, but I have not seen any improvement in 4 days. Will it take longer to go away, or will I need a revision surgery?

Dent in nose 3 weeks after Rhinoplasty, will it go away?

+1

There's really no way for any of use here to tell you for certain whether the dent will or will go away with time.  the best person to anser that question is your Rhinoplasty surgeon.  It's quite normal to have swelling and all sorts of irregularities in the nose 3 weeks after a Rhinoplasty, if that helps.  IMHO, you may want to wait several months to see if this resolves before worrying about any Revision Rhinoplasty work.

Deformity post rhinoplasty

+1

deformities post rhinoplasties that are visible do occur. frequent visits to your plastic surgeon to continue to evaluate the area is the best advice I can give you. If not improving, there are things that can be done ie injections of filler products.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon