I had a rhinoplasty done 4 weeks ago. I have noticed a hard bump on each side of the nose bridge, will they go away? (Photo)

To removed the hump on my nose the doctor raised the tip, broke my bone, clipped the sides of my bridge and also scrapped it down. I feel hard edges on the side of the bridge and its flat ontop. my left side sticks out more and the left nostril is also raised more. I was told to massage the area and put pressure. The tip of my nose is swollen and the bridge is sensitive when I put pressure. I'm just worried if those bumps will ever go away or will I have to do a corrective surgery afterwards?

Bumps on nasal bridge after rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question!

It is understandable that you are concerned. Changes after rhinoplasties vary with every patient and what you are experiencing is not uncommon.

It is important to keep in mind that it is early to pass a final judgment. Usually, a year is required before formulating how your nose will be, but longer with a thick skin. Even then, your nose will keep shaping itself to complement your face for better results in the years to come.

My best recommendation at the moment is to be patient, allow nature to take its course and edema subsides for better results. There is no doubt that once the swelling resolves, more definition and shape will be achieved and you should be happier with the results.

Also, it is important that you keep communicating with your surgeon and work as a team together to achieve the best results possible.

Congratulations on your surgery and remain positive!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS