Nose Looks Wider Post-op

I had a rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago to narrow my nasal bone and shape my nasal tip but my nasal bones looks wider than before .my tip looks better and thinner but the nasal bones look wider than before, I would like to know if its just swelling or if the doc widened the nasal bones.

My Nose Looks Wider after Rhinoplasty

+4

Hi Dima,

From your description, it appears that you have some residual swelling. Even though it may be difficult, your would be best served to wait for at least 9-12 months as the swelling will continue to reduce.

Usually the bones are brought together during most rhinoplasty procedures.

Hope this was helpful.

Dr. Sajjadian

Probably Swelling

+1

This most likely represents edema.  Please give the nose time to heal and the swelling to resolve then judgements can be passed on the outcome.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Wider Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is unlikely the nasal bones are actually wider after surgery. At 3 weeks I would expect normal temporary swelling. Be patient.

Wide nasal bones after nose job

+1

IT is unlikely that the bones are wider but simply appear so due to swelling. In most rhinoplasty procedures the nasal bones are brought closer together.