Rhinoplasty 3 Weeks Out, Think Doctor Nitched Bottom of my Nostril....plus Some Other Stuff? (photo)

Mainly for the Rhinoplasty I wanted to take a hump off the side profile. He said my Columell hung low. Both husband and I said we like it, he could take off a little but not too much. He took off a lot, now space between lip & nose seems huge. Because of what he did, the bottom of my nose looks really weird and one of my nostrils, seems to be have a nitch in it at the base giving my nostril and very long appearance. My nose is also very crooked. What are possible solutions to these problems.

Rhinoplasty 3 Weeks Out, Think Doctor Nitched Bottom of my Nostril....plus Some Other Stuff?

+1

Dear Stillhappy,

Thank you for your question and photos.  Would be helpful to see pre-op photos as well.  You still have a lot of swelling which will dissipate gradually over many months.  I see your concern in the bottom of the nostril, but it seems unlikely that your surgeon would have altered this area.  If after the swelling subsides, the tip is still turning to one side, then a revision can be done with alteration of the collumela as desired.  Sometimes using computer software to alter your nose can give both you and your surgeon a clearer understanding of your desires.

Best Wishes, 

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

3 weeks is too early to determine final result

+1

Thank you for the question.  I am sorry that you are unhappy with your rhinoplasty result at 3 weeks.  The good news is that at 3 weeks there is quite a bit of swelling still present and further shape and contour changes will be seen with additional time.  At some point in the future, when you do not see any more changes you will then be able to decide what changes if any you would like to pursue.

Dr. Remus Repta 

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/photo-gallery/details.cfm?ID=189&StartRow=11

+1

"some other stuff"!!!! In your pre operative sessions I hope you were informed that healing in rhinoplasty can take upwards of a year. You are ONLY 3 weeks! Allow at least minimal healing time of 3 months. 

3 weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

It is difficult to judge the degree of crookedness of the nose without looking at some pre-operative photos.  A lateral view is helpful for looking at the amount of columellar show that is present.  The nose looks appropriately swollen, and that may be contributing to the appearance of the tip and columella.  The base of the columella does look wide, but again too early to tell for sure.  Would definitely wait at least 5-6 months before making any definitive decisions about your result.  Your surgeon should be able to make a better evaluation of your concerns at that time.  Good luck.

Morristown Plastic Surgeon

3 weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

It appears that you underwent open rhinoplasty where an incision is placed across the columella. More concerning is the deviation which rarely gets better during the subsequent healing process. It is much too early to judge the final result; rather, you are looking at a preview of the direction your new nose.

Be patient and discuss your concerns with your rhinoplasty surgeon during your next visit.

Web reference: http://www.bostonrhinoplasty.org/

Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling and asymmetry in the early recovery period.

+1

Depending on the technique used and the amount of tip work performed, three weeks is very early in the recovery period. It is not uncommon for nostril asymmetry and changes in the colummella to resolve as your swelling subsides. You should definitely speak with your surgeon to let him know about your concerns.