Just Had Rhinoplasty 2 Weeks Ago and my Nose Looks Even Bigger. and Everyone Tells Me I Look the Same.

just had my nose done 2 weeks ago and feel like it looks the sam . is this normal or should i go back to my surgeon and make sure ?

Early Assessment After Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Sarah,

At 2 weeks post-op, it is too early to assess the final results of your rhinoplasty; you have a swollen nose that masks the results of your procedure.

With that perspective, I encourage you to have a little more patience and to follow your surgeon's instructions religiously staying away from situations where nasal trauma is very possible to happen.

Usually, it takes about a year so the end results of a rhinoplasty get established.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

Way too early to judge your result.  Swelling can take over a year to completely resolve in a rhinoplasty.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Nose looks the same 2 weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

Two weeks is really too soon to be worrying. By six weeks after surgery you should be liking the way you look. Hold off till then.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Rinoplasty Restitution

+1

Hey, my nose would be larger than normal if I was just 2 weeks status post rhinoplasty. I recommend a tincture of time and lots of patience.  Ice packs and an elevated head position each night may be useful for the first month with reduced physical activity and a low salt diet. God Bless!

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Two weeks after a Rhinoplasty is way too soon to see the final results.  Give yourself several months for the post Rhinoplasty swelling to subside and if you're concerned ask your Rhinoplasty Surgeon for ways to decrease this swelling.

Think of a Rhinoplasty as a Work in Progress

+1

You need to approach the recovery from your rhinoplasty as a work in progress. The nose not only likes to swell in response to the "trauma" of surgery, but the lymphatic channels which drain away the fluid after surgery are simply not very good. For this reason, everyone swells after a rhinoplasty making the nose temporarily bigger. I tell all of my rhinoplasty patients that almost 40% of the swelling will still be present 1 week after surgery, 30% will be present 2 weeks after surgery, 20% will be present 3 weeks after surgery, and 10% will still be present 1 month following surgery. The last 10% (most of which is in the tip of the nose) will take 6-12 months to completely resolve. Most of the time that we are doing a rhinoplasty in a woman we are looking for a final result that is smaller and more delicate than the preoperative appearance. Any swelling is going to make your nose look bigger and thicker. You really have to be patient in this proccess. There are certain things (like lymphatic massage, ice, and Arnica Montana) that will help with the amount of swelling but your best friend in this proccess is simply more time. We do a lot of preoperative education and post operative "hand holding" in our office. Be patient (very patient)- things will get better.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Two wks post rhinoplasty

+1

At two weeks post rhinoplasty surgery, your nose most likely is maximally swollen, You will have to give it time to heal.

Rhinoplasty and looks the same?

+1

I always wonder why supposed "friends and relatives" are often not supportive but give negative feedback during a stressful time for many patients. Your nose is very swollen at this time and you will need to be patient for another month or so when you should be noticing more significant changes. Trust your doctor.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Appearance 2 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

You are swollen 2 weeks after your rhinoplasty. Your nose will change as healing progresses but you should always "go back to your surgeon and make sure".

Early rhinoplasty result

+1

Rhinoplasty surgery will take months before you will see the final result, often up to a year depending on the procedure and how the person heals.  Two weeks is really too early to judge as you are probably still swollen.  However this also depends on what was done...there are many different types of rhinoplasty.  I would recommend that you discuss your concerns with you surgeon, but patience is most likely in order.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon