Had Rhinoplasty 8 Weeks Ago, Nose is Flat and Nostrils Flare, & Looks Shorter, is it Swelling? (photo)

I had my Rhinoplasty almost two months ago, on july 4th it will be 2 months. My nose hasnt changed much at all since 1st month. looks worse then my old nose, shorter, flat bridge no definition, and flaring nostrils. My smile has changed my upper lip looks different and my eyes look sunken in. I had narrowing of bridge and refinning tip, & nostrils suppositely werent touched. Could that be swelling? Im very concerned that this surgery was a disaster. My next appt. is on monday July 2nd.

Rhinoplasty post-op

+2

You certainly are still swollen and you have to give it time to heal.  I hope your appointment with your surgeon went well.

Flat nose after 2 months after rhinoplasty

+1

2 months is still early after rhinoplasty. While most swelling resolves within a couple weeks, nasal swelling persists for several months after surgery. It's premature to judge results at this time, especially without an examination. The nose generally improves with time. Express any concerns with your plastic surgeon. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Flare Nostrils After Rhinoplasty

+1

I understand your concerns especially with the flare nostrils (3rd photo). However, it is too early with a 2 months worth of recovery period to judge the final results and get concerned.

Your nose is swollen affecting your eyes' appearance and your overall facial features.

I recommend that you have a little more patience understanding that usually final results are established at about a year after your surgery.

Thank you for sharing your photos and the best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

July 2

+1

So how did the 7-2-12 follow-up appointment go?  I recommend that you follow your surgeon's advice regarding post-op care.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon