Rhinoplasty While Wearing Braces?

Will my jaw and chin change because of the braces and must I wait until I remove the braces to have Rhinoplasty and to see the changes that braces did to the shape of my face?

No need to wait for orthodontic braces to come off to have rhinoplasty

+2

The braces may help with the way the teeth come together but will not affect the nose. A rhinoplasty can be performed before, during, or after orthodontic braces. You do not have to wait until the braces come off to undergo a rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty while wearing braces?

+1

Hello

It is possible to have nasal surgery with braces on. I would not recommend it. The braces can affect the position of your lips and the balance of the nose to lips / naso-labial angle. Ideally, you would have your dental correction completed and then do your nose. Braces do not have any impact on the chin position - you may require surgery to move the chin and jaw. Am i correct on this? Was jaw surgery recommended to you?

Michael Kulick, MD

Rhinoplasty while wearing braces is ok

+1

The face will not change to the degree that can change the shape of your nose or its relationship to the face.

You can have the rhinoplasty and continue wearing your braces. I am assuming you are at least 18 years of age.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and dental braces on chin & facial shape

+1

The goal of rhinoplasty surgery is to achieve balance with the entire face, including the chin & jaw. When evaluating patients for rhinoplasty, plastic surgeons also evaluate the chin, jawline, cheeks, eyes, forehead, etc.

Any dental procedure, including braces, may potentially affect the appearance of the jaw/chin & mid-facial bone. As a consequence, the outcome of rhinoplasty surgery may become more variable.

Each dental procedure & rhinoplasty procedure is specific for the individual patient. It's possible that for you, the braces may have no direct affect on the shape of your face. Only after a comprehensive evaluation by a facial plastic surgeon, can you determine the appropriate timing of your rhinoplasty surgery. Best of luck.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon