Less Upturned Nose Tip and More Robust Bridge?

I had a nose job and now my nose is too turned up and the bridge is sloping in and too thin. I specificaly told my surgeon that I didn't want my nose too be more turned up or thinner. Now I don't know what I can do to fix it. It isn't what i asked for. Now my nostrils are too visible and they look gross. The bridge also looks very weak, as I used to have a strong roman nose with a nice solid bridge. If I had a nasal spine reduction wpould that make the tip less turned up? And how can I make the bridge broader and more robust?

See an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon.

+2

It is very important that you choose a revision rhinoplasty specialist who has a great deal of experience doing noses like yours. I don't think you will get the permanent correction you want from "fillers'. Make sure you see examples of the surgeon's results correcting noses like yours!!

You may need grafting in the future

+2

TJ,

There are ways to fix unwanted sequelae of rhinoplasty surgery. You need to wait at least six months and preferably one year before having any revisionary work done, and there are strong medical reasons for this wait. If your poor results persist at that time, then you may need cartilage or other grafting to improve your appearance. Good luck!

Rhinoplasty Revision

+2

Hi Tj,

Sorry to hear about your disappointment with your rhinoplasty results.

Your case emphasizes the importance of clear communication between surgeon and patient before surgery. At this point it sounds like a revision surgery will be necessary to resolve your concerns.

Use the time (6 to 12 months after your original surgery) to consult with and interview revision rhinoplasty surgeons. As with all facial plastic surgical procedures it is most important to choose your physician carefully.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Rhinoplasty disappointment

+2

You have to give it time to heal before making any rash decisions.  Any type of revision should really wait 6 months to 1 year to allow proper healing.

Correction is possible and even without another surgery

+2

It may be that a series of filling injections, which are permanent, may be appropriate for you. It sounds like " too much was done" and if that is the case, filling the defects can be very practical. Office procedure. Check it out; the technique and filling material is not new or experimental. Has been done for over 40 years in the U.S.

You are correct in asking about spine reduction. That is one technique to make the angle between the nose and lip less " upturned". That does require surgery of course, but it is a 30 minute procedure.

Revision rhinoplasty

+2

You ask a lot of good questions regarding revision rhinoplasty. All the conditions you describe can be fixed, but not necessarily by just removing the nasal spine. Rhinoplasty is a complex procedure. Your surgeon may have done everything right and things didn't turn out the same way that either of you expected. It may also be a matter of communication.

You need to now focus on the future. If you feel your original surgeon is not the person to rectify your concerns, then I suggest you seek out a specialist in revision rhinoplasty. Revision surgery is even more difficult than primary surgery. However, if performed by an expert, most patients do find that they are happy with their ultimate results.