Unnatural Nose Shape After Rhinoplasty Surgeries

I initially had Septo-Rhinoplasty due to breathing problems, followed by revision Rhinoplasty. Operations left me with a hanging, portruding columella, with the nose tip rotated upwards. Another closed operation was carried out December 2008 to correct this, but nothing changed. I now have an unnatural nose shape, with pinched, sunken, weak-looking side view. I'm assuming they cut edges of bones that are viewable, making the sides look thick.

Please let me know of the best procedure to correct this and the action to take, as travelling is a big decision for me due to family restrictions. Thanks.

Revision rhinoplasty

+2

Rhinoplasty is an operation that requires experience, and this is even more true for revision work. It is impossible for us to determine what options are available for you by description (or even photos). Suffice to say that it sounds like you may require major nasal reconstruction. Get multiple opinions and take your time before embarking on another operation.

Emailing photos may help give a better idea, but there is no way to do a full exam (including intransal) without seeing you in person.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty can improve unnatural shape

+1

Without seeing your photos it is difficult to judge but based on your description it appears that you may benefit from revision surgery and likely need grafting to restore normal structure to the nose. Revision rhinoplasty can help improve many if not all the features you describe.

Web reference: http://www.naturalrhinoplasty.com/html/before_n_after_set.php?procedure=revision_rhinoplasty&id=02

Rhinoplasty Revision

+1

I cannot tell you exactly what should be done to your nose on the basis of your description. However the ONLY advice you need right now is to see an experienced rhinoplasty revision surgeon. With e-mail today you can send your pictures to surgeons who will give you virtual evaluations to help educate you. In this way, you can address your concerns about travel.l

Unnatural shape after rhinoplasty

+1

First of all, I am very sorry you are having this problem.

It sounds like your problem is related to excessive and/or asymmetric manipulation of the cartilage of your nose.

The problems you describe can be improved with the appropriate techniques. However, it is impossible to know exactly what you will need until you are fully examined.

I recommend you see another experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for a consultation. Make sure the surgeon is board certified, trained in either plastic surgery or ENT only, and has experience reparing the kinds of problems you have.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

The sunken-in look you describe is likely due to inadequate support. Cartilage grafts from the septum (but you had a septoplasty..), ear or rib will likely be required. Obtain a copy of your old operative reports as they will be invaluable to a surgeon looking at your nose. Do your homework and find a couple of experienced rhinoplasty surgeons, compare results and costs and ask to speak with previous patients before proceeding. Revision rhinoplasties are challenging and require experience as well as a good surgical hand.

Good luck!

Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty problems

+1

Rhinoplasty is a very delicate operation.  It is hard to give you specific advice without seeing and examining you.  Pinched tips can be treated with grafts to correct the pinched look.  Protruding columellas and upturned noses can also be treated.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.