I had a septorhino 6 months ago and my nose turned out smaller. Can a Rhinoplasty Be Undone?

I had a septorhino 6 months ago and my nose turned out smaller. The doctor said he removed about 1mm of cartilage from tip and subtly raised tip. He also shaved down a small dorsal hump. Could my tip be restored to its original size? And can a small dorsal dump be restored? I might have the revision with the same doctor hoping that this will give me a better chance of getting my old nose back, or close enough. Thanks

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

If you are not happy with the results of your rhinoplasty, changes can be made  with a revision that may help improve the areas you describe. It may not be possible to get your nose exactly where it was before surgery, but improvements can be made. Tip work can be performed to make the tip appear fuller, and the dorsum can be built up to make the nose appear more natural. I would recommend a consult with a board certified revision rhinoplasty specialist who uses computer imaging software. He/she will be able to morph a photo of you and give you an idea of how the final result may appear. It is best to wait one year before having any revision work performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I would suggest you to inform your unhappiness to your PS and let him know that after on year you will go back to him. This time let it be done after photo animation session discussion so that he knows what you are expecting. If he doe not perform this then may ne go to some other PS.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

You do need to wait for one year after your operation for most of the swelling to settle. Can a rhinoplasty be undone?  No, it cannot.  You can have another rhinoplasty in an attempt to change your nose appearance again, closer to your original appearance, but you cannot expect to have your old nose shape returned to you.

As well, each time you have a rhinoplasty operation, you are accumulating inside-the-nose scar tissue which makes it more and more difficult, technically speaking, to have yet another procedure to alter what was done before.

Douglas J. Kibblewhite, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Fred35, I would first and foremost wait an entire year before considering any revision rhinoplasty. This is pertinent to make sure you have allowed for all of the swelling and recovery process to occur. At this time I would discuss with your surgeon your concerns and desires and the probability of attaining those with revision rhinoplasty. If you decide to consult with other surgeons versus your original surgeon than I would suggest requesting a copy of your original pre-operative photographs and operative report for review. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty Undone?

+1

A rhinoplasty can restore those elements you mentioned but not to the exact proportions. If the doctor produced the results you originally sought, this would be reasonable.