I had rhinopasty 6 months ago and I am not happy with the results. Can a Rhinoplasty Be Undone?

I had rhinopasty 6 months ago and I am not happy with the results. The doctor shaved a small hump I had on my nose, and trimed a bit of cartilage on my tip and raised it. He said that he trimmed about 1mm of cartilage from my tip. In the end result my nose looks slighty smaller. Is it possible to undo these procedures? and what are the chances of the nose looking like it was before surgery? I should also add that my previous surgeon is well renowned and skilled, hope this will better my chances

Wait 1 Year After Rhinoplasty

+1

While it may be difficult to return your nose to its original appearance, certain procedures may be done to help reverse some of the changes.  I agree that you should bring up your concerns with your physician since he knows exactly what was performed.  But, I would wait a full year to truly get an understanding of what your nose looks like.

Rhinoplasty reversal

+1

It is nearly impossible to reverse all the changes created by undergoing a rhinoplasty. Some can be changed or improved. It is best to be seen in person.

Undoing a rhino is very difficult

+1

We often say the only thing more difficult than a rhinoplasty is doing a secondary or repeat rhinoplasty.  There are factors in play which prevent you from oing back to your old nose like scarring and the loss of cartilage.  If you are unhappy with the nose go back and speak to your doctor to see about possible revisions.  I would wait at least a year before even considering this option.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Undone?

+1

The rhinoplasty result can be changed to create a nose similar to your original nose but not the same nose.  Wait 12 months at least before pursuing this.

Undoing a rhinoplasty, realistic expectations

+1

If you're goal is for your nose to look exactly like it did prior to your rhinoplasty  it is very unlikely that you we will be able to achieve your goal.  To be able to make any realistic recommendations it would be necessary to see pre-and postoperative photographs.  If the changes are as subtle as you described I encourage you to allow at least 12 months after surgery before making any decisions.  You should also communicate your concerns to your surgeon.  He is the most qualified person to answer your questions and address your needs.

Edward Farrior, MD
Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Generally it is not possible to undo the rhinoplasty.

+1

Because a rhinoplasty often removes tissue is very difficult to return the nose to its original appearance. That is why it is important to reconcile the patient's and the physicians expectations of the operation. Video imaging is very helpful.