Rhinoplasty Type Reduce Nose Size?

I want to be a model and I know that I have a big nose. I hate it when I smile because it looks even wider. Can someone please help me with what I would need to reduce my nose size? What kind of a Rhinoplasty would I need to reduce it?

Rhinoplasty Can Make Nose Smaller, But No Guarantee on Modeling Success

+2

Hi Keisha,

The size and shape of your nose can be changed by having a rhinoplasty. You should consult with a few rhinoplasty surgeons and then carefully choose the surgeon whom you feel best with.

Having your nose made smaller will not assure you of becoming a model, it will just give you a smaller nose.

Your surgeon should be a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon OR Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Rhinoplasty to reduce nose size

+1

Several different techniques can be performed during a rhinoplasty to improve the aesthetics of the nose. Augmentation of the nasal bridge, refinement of the tip, and alarplasty can all be performed through endonasal or closed rhinoplasty to improve the look of the nose.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Reducing Size of Nose

+1

Reducing the size of your nose and achieving refinement and definition can be accomplished with rhinoplasty surgery. This will bring your nose into proportion with the rest of your facial features, but will not guarantee a modeling career. Select a surgeon with experience in ethnic rhinoplasty. The normal increased width of your nose when smiling will not be improved with surgery, other than making this less apparent if the nose is narrower in the resting state.

Ethnic Rhinoplasty

+1

It is possible to reduce the appearance of your nose with alar base reduction (if you wish to reduce nostril size) and some tip work to refine it. I would really need to see more photos to give you the best advice. Please send any photos to my office if you wish, an I would be happy to take a look at them for you. I specialize in ethnic rhinoplasties, and have dealt with many individuals who have had similar requests. My contact information is listed in my profile. Thank you, and best of luck.

Dr. Nassif

African American Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Keisha,

You need to find a surgeon who is an expert in African American Rhinoplasty. Rhinoplasty is the most challenging cosmetic surgery performed. Even in caucasians, it can be tricky.

To reduce the size of your nose you need a combination of nostril narrowing, tip refinement and probably bridge elevation.

Dr. S.

Web reference: http://www.africanamericanrhinoplasty.com

Nose job and options

+1

There are a variety of different techniques based on your desired outcome. Do you wish to maintain your racial appearance and refine certain aspects or achieve a completely different nose with more caucasian-like features. The former would require a limited approach to the tip with nostril incisions to reduce the size. The latter would require more extensive surgery with grafts from the ear or ribs. Discuss your goals with an experienced surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/

Rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty in an African-American nose usually requires some sort of dorsal augmentation and usually requires nasal tip surgery to define the tip and narrrow the base of the nose.

African American nose jobs

+1

Dear Keisha,

You need to see a Plastic surgeon who does a lot of Ethnic / Black noses. Your nose has a depressed dorsum (back of nose), wide nasal base and flaring nostrils. Each one of these would need to be corrected to give you the nose you want. But - it starts with a visit to a Board certified Plastic surgeon.

Good Luck!