Is Rhinoplasty Two Weeks Before Graduation Risky?

Considering having rhinoplasty before my graduation, but Im only able to do it only two weeks before! No bones would be broken, only a slight tip correction for a bulbous nose... How risky is this?

Anticipated Rhinoplasty Results At Two Weeks Before Graduation

+1

Dear Jessie,

The tip adjustment you are describing will cause noticeable swelling that its intensity will be dictated by:

• Aggressiveness of the procedure (open vs. closed for example)
  • Type of your nasal skin (thick vs. thin)
  • Perioperative care

Therefore, if swelling is your main concern I would recommend that you wait until after your graduation is over to undergo surgery.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Rhinoplasty before graduation

+1

You are going to be quite swollen two weeks after surgery, especially since tip work is being performed.  The swelling may be more obvious if the procedure is open, and if you have thick skin.  If you do not want to appear too swollen at the graduation, I would recommend waiting if it is possible. Thank you and I hope this helps.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Quick Rhinoplasty

+1

Do not entertain the thought of a rhinoplasty 2-4-6 weeks prior to an important event. Rhinoplasty if the most notorious operation for post operative swelling, some taking in excess of two years. If you are a firm believer in buying lottery tickets you may want to go for it.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Rhinoplasty Surgery 3-4 weeks before graduation would be better than 2 weeks.

+1

I read your concern:

2 weeks post-op is a bit questionable if you want to look your best for graduation photos. You may be able to pull it off, but unless you have extenuating circumstances, I would advise getting your procedure after you get your diploma.

Good luck, and all the best to you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty two weeks before graduation

+1

DO NOT HAVE A RHINOPLASTY TWO WEEKS BEFORE YOUR GRADUATION!  Unless you do not usually 2-3 months before major events, maybe 6 weeks at the minimum.

Rhinoplasty 2 Weeks before Graduation

+1

I tell my patients that they will be socially acceptable 10-12  days after a rhinoplasty. Having said that it would be best to avoid surgery just 2 weeks before graduation if this is possible because you could have more swelling than normal. If only the tip is being done the odds are in your favor because even with the swelling your nose could look better than it does at this time.

Ready for Rhinoplasty

+1

You're ready for rhinoplasty, but what if you have a complication before graduation?  Do you really want to take the chance?  Food for thought!

Robert A. Shumway, MD, FACS

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Recovery Time before photos

+1

After your rhinoplasty surgery, the social recovery period is about 10-14 days.  During that time the facial bruising and swelling will resolve. Your nose will still be somewhat swollen and may not be ready for photography until 4-6 weeks after surgery.  So, the answer to your question is that ideally, you would give yourself more recovery time after rhinoplasty than the two weeks.  You will likely enjoy the days leading up to graduation much more if you are not spending that time recovering from a significant surgery and you won't have to be subject to people's curiousity of what you had done right at graduation. 

Ramin Behmand, MD

How much time is needed to recover from rhinoplasty

+1

Everybody heals at their own unique pace. The majority of swelling in a rhinoplasty comes from osteotomies. Tip work will still create swelling and two weeks does not give you very much time to recover. If I were you I would wait until after your graduation. The stress and anxiety that you go through hoping that you get the results in a short period of time can potentially ruin your graduation experience. 

Todd C. Miller, MD

"Risky Rhinoplasty Timing"

+1

The amout of swelling is variable from person to person, so you may be fortunate to not have significant bruising at your graduation. However your final results will not be evident for several months, and may take up to a full year to see the final outcome of the nasal tip.

William Loutfy, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon