I Have Rhinoplasty Two Months Ago but the Tip is Very Swelling How Much It Will Go Down (photo)?

I am afraid that i will need revision OP for the tip ?? does steroid shots help ?? what shall i do ?? I am really afraid that the tip won't go down as I wish ?? help please ????

Too early to consider revision rhinoplasty

+1
After rhinoplasty, tip shape is typically the last thing to settle before seeing the final result; this can take 12 months or longer. During this time you will notice that the size of your tip decreases as swelling resolves and subtle details and tip definition appear.

At 2 months following rhinoplasty, you are still very early in your recovery. With regards to your concerns about the size of your nasal tip, it is just too early to draw any conclusions-but certainly you still have a lot of swelling which is normal.

Recovery after rhinoplasty will vary based on the person, characteristics of the nasal tissues and what was done during surgery. It can take somewhere in and around 12-18 months to see the final results. The areas with thicker skin in the nose such as the tip, alar rims and radix will require longer to settle. Also there appears to be a linear decrease in swelling for the first several months followed by a period where the swelling fluctuates (sometimes little or no swelling and other times more swelling) before the nose settles.

Steroid injections following rhinoplasty are indicated when there has been excessive scar tissue production deep to the skin - this manifests itself by the appearance of swelling. This is most commonly in the supratip (area just above the tip) or tip regions. Steroid injections typically take about 2-3 weeks to start to work. They should be used judiciously as when too much is injected or injections are performed to frequently, they can cause excessive thinning of the skin or loss of pigmentation that can take a long time to resolve. If further injections are required, they are typically done at least 6 weeks after the previous injection. It is better to be more conservative using steroid injections following rhinoplasty than be too aggressive. In your present case, you will probably not benefit from any corticosteroid injections as your tip swelling is likely normal and not excessive.

It's hard but important to stay patient during your recovery and to be diligent attending your follow-up appointments with your surgeon.

Rhinoplasty Healing at 2 Months Out

+1

It is much too soon to concern yourself with revision rhinoplasty surgery at this point in the healing process. You will need to give it one to two years before determining the final outcome. Steroid shots do serve a role in the healing process of rhinoplasty, but need to be used only in the right situation and at the right time. Just be patient and have some faith in your surgeon.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

I Have Rhinoplasty Two Months Ago but the Tip is Very Swelling How Much It Will Go Down

+1

Need to post better and more views. But ONLY 2 months you sell have 6 to 8 months of healing. I'm not saying you will not need a revision but very hard to answer after ONLY 2 months.