I Had Rhinoplasty Two Days Ago and the Plaster Came off? (photo)

So I placed it back and taped it to stay, I went to the hospital to get the plaster redone only for them to say that they can't re plaster my nose and to leave it as it is? I'm very worried that it my ruin the out come shape of my new nose?

"Cast Fell Off"

+2

This happens not uncommonly and is nothing to worry about.  Most of the time, the cast is on simply to protect the area from minor bumps.  Only when I've made cuts in the nasal bones to straighten the nose do I get at all concerned about the cast falling off.  That said, I've never (after over 500 rhinoplasty surgeries) put a cast back on if it falls off during the first week.

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Splints on nose

+2

A splint is used form any reasons. For some if the bones are infractured, this will keep them in position.  For others it is jsut to protect it from being bumped.  Still for others it is their to remind them to be careful because they just had surgery. Best to ask you surgeon.

Removal of Splint at 2 Days

+2

Removing the splint at 2 days will not necessarily have a negative effect on your results, but I would followup with your plastic surgeon to put your mind at ease.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

I Had Rhinoplasty Two Days Ago and the Plaster Came off?

+1

The loss of a nasal splint after rhinoplasty occurs more often than reported.  It is usually of no great consequence.  Please call your plastic surgeon if this unfortunate event occurs.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Splint fell off right after rhinoplasty

+1

When things like a splint coming free after two days, it always best to contact the surgeon who put it there rather than a hospital ER. It is understandable that other would be reluctant to touch anything. The splint is there to hold the nasal bones in place and keep the swelling in check, and mostly the latter. Let your surgeon have a look.

Cast fell off after rhinoplasty

+1

Don't worry at all.  Unless there was extensive bone work done the plaster is not absolutely needed.  Do call your surgeon, though, since he/she is the one who needs to review this with you.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

+1

What I do not understand is why you did not call your chosen surgeon??? Best to be seen by him/her ASAP.