Rhinoplasty Travel and Activities 2-3weeks Post Op?

Im thinking of getting rhinoplasty done but i have a holiday booked 2-3 weeks after in barbados. its a 9h flight and I know sun exposure needs to be minimised and minimise contact sports and activities, but would it be suitable for me to go if i manage to reduce my sun exposure by wearing lots of sunscreen and hats and i would like to do some snorkelling and swimming but can I swim 2-3 weeks post op? Is flight time also a factor i should consider?

Rhinoplasty and Travel

+1

In general, since the majority of my patients who come for secondary rhinoplasty are from around the world, I have them stay in Dallas for at least a week post operatively so I can remove all of their sutures and splints. I have them take a nasal decongestant like Afrin for take off and landings and for the first 3-4 weeks. I do not recommend my patients to do snorkeling, scuba diving, or swimming for at least a month post operatively.

Travel after rhinolasty

+1
Travel at that time frame is fine. Swimming is fine. I would avoid a lot of direct sun and probably wouldn't dive/snorkel. I have patients refrain from strenuous activity for a month after surgery. You might think about reversing the order and doing the rhinolasty after the trip if your worried or want to be more active. Best, Dr K

Travel After Rhinoplasty

+1

Though I advise patients that this type of activity would generally be ok, everyone has different protocols that they should follow. It's important to speak with your plastic surgeon to understand if this is ok for you.

Vacation Plans After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi MissyB786-

Travel a week or so after rhinoplsty would be fine. Strenuous activity should be avoided, as well as things such as a snorkel mask or lifting heavy luggage. Recooperating by lounging poolside or under the cabana would be great, but anything more active could compromise you final result. As always, discuss this with your surgeon.

Happy Holiday.

Dr. Kaniff

Web reference: http://www.facialcosmeticsurg.com/rhinoplasty-sacramento.shtml

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Travel and Activities 2-3 weeks Post Op?

+1

I agree with Dr. Fleming. The travel is not an issue as it should be safe to fly at that point. However, even though you will wear a hat and sunscreen you will be getting significant sun exposure. You will also be engaged in some very strenuous activity and you'll be wearing a mask that puts significant pressure on your recently operated nose. It would be best to go forward with either the surgery or your vacation but I cannot recommend both. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/rhinoplasty/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Barbados Holiday 2-3 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

Either revise the timing of your surgery and holiday or cancel one of them. Strenuous physical activity with probable sun exposure and the risk of getting hit in the nose does not make sense 2-3 weeks after a surgical procedure that will affect your appearance for the rest of your life.