Rhinoplasty Tip Swelling?

I had a rhinoplasty done about a year and a half ago. I'm a thick skinned male which you know takes longer to get the final results.. My question is, when I squeeze the tip of my nose it makes this crunchy watery sound for some reason???, what does this indicate?

Rhinoplasty tip swelling

+1

At 18 months, 99% swelling is gone. If it is still too big high concentration of steroid injections could be very helpful.

The crunchy  sensation might be bites of cartilage within you nasal tip. What was done under the tip? any grafting?

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Possible swelling in the nasal tip

+1

I think it is unlikely there is still swelling in the nasal tip 18 months after your rhinoplasty.  It is possible there is some fibrous tissue present which may respond to steroid injections.  I recommend visiting with your operating surgeon to discuss recommendations.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Questions about soft tissue swelling of the nasal tip after surgery

+1

After 18 months I would expect that all of your swelling has resolved.  I am not sure what is making the noise when you pinch your nose.  It is unlikely that there is residual fluid in your nasal tip.  

Rhinoplasty Tip Swelling?

+1

From what you are describing, it sound like residual swelling is slowly being replaced with scar tissue in the affected area after the Rhinoplasty.  This is the typical course of action the body takes when chronic swelling exists.  You may want to see your Rhinoplasty Surgeon for evaluation and possible treatment.

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 25 years and recommend all my Rhinoplasty patients perform daily manual lymphatic drainage, of their nose, starting at 1 month post Rhinoplasty to limit the amount of post Rhinoplasty swelling and scar formation.  

18 months postop

+1

At a year and half after your surgery, the degree of swelling you have should be minimal.  I would suggest going back to your surgeon so he can examine your nose to see if any improvements could be made.  You should ask to see your before and after photos so you could see the changes that were made to your nose.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Tip Swelling at 18 Months

+1

The crunchy watery sound may indicate residual swelling, and you should probably have an exam to determine what may be the next most reasonable step.  Some rhinoplasty surgeons advocate the use of steroid injection in some select cases, and this may be indicated in your case.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA